Is the american eskimo dog a good dog to buy?

I am looking for a dog to buy. I am very intrested in the american eskimo dog. I have done a ton of research but i never saw one next to me.

I am looking for a dog to buy. I am very intrested in the american eskimo dog. I have done a ton of research but i never saw one next to me....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is the american eskimo dog a good dog to buy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is the american eskimo dog a good dog to buy?

Is the american eskimo dog a good dog to buy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking for a dog to buy. I am very intrested in the american eskimo dog. I have done a ton of research but i never saw one next to me.

Is the american eskimo dog a good dog to buy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The American Eskimo is a charming, affectionate and loving dog. Hardy and playful, they are excellent with children. Highly intelligent and willing to please. Alert and easy to train, the American Eskimo often ranks among the top scorers in obedience trials. Some individuals have a willful streak, but most like to work. Dogs whose ancestry displays nervousness, hyperactivity or viciousness should not be bred. They are naturally wary of strangers, but once introduced, they become instant friends. Some have been known to not let a stranger enter the home until the owner says it is okay. Eskimos need to be part of the family and engage in nuisance activities when isolated. Handle them gently, but firmly. This breed needs attention and loves to bark. Eskies should be thoroughly socialized when young to avoid potential aggression-related

• Yes they are VERY good dogs(no doubt about it), but you have to be very responsible... but some Amerian Eskimo Dogs may tend to bark excessively(but not all) so watch out for the barkers, but they are protective

• They will suffer in warmer climates. They go (happily) berzerk in snow and colder climates. Just from my experience with a Norwegian elkhound, I've noticed that northern climate dogs have a tendancy to attach to one "master" and everyone else is subject to suspicion. If you have a significant-other or children, I would be careful.

• american eskimo is one of the good dogs you must buy. He's also one of the most intelligent dog breeds. He has the ability to learn quickly. With his adorable looks, a lot of people has stunned with him. If you want a companion and an excellent watchdog, american eskimo must be your choice. For more info about that dog breed, just check out this link: http://dogtime.com/american-eskimo-dog.html