Will my New American eskimo dog puppy get along with my other pets?

I'm about to get a miniature american eskimo dog pup. Does anyone know if this breed can get along with my other pets including a cat, bunny, ducks and chickens? We plan on introducing him early on so that he can accept them.I also have a very old…

I'm about to get a miniature american eskimo dog pup. Does anyone know if this breed can get along with my other pets including a cat, bunny, ducks and chickens? We plan on introducing him early on so that he can accept them.I also have a very old…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Will my New American eskimo dog puppy get along with my other pets?...

• Will my New American eskimo dog puppy get along with my other pets?

Will my New American eskimo dog puppy get along with my other pets? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm about to get a miniature american eskimo dog pup. Does anyone know if this breed can get along with my other pets including a cat, bunny, ducks and chickens? We plan on introducing him early on so that he can accept them.I also have a very old beagle, but he's met the puppy and they get along very well

Will my New American eskimo dog puppy get along with my other pets? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Generally if a puppy is raised around other animals, they will be fine. with some dogs, they might not know how to behave or act around other animals at first, but some training and watchfulness will quickly nip it in the bud.

• "American Eskimo Dogs along with other Spitzen were bred to be companion dogs, and thrive on being a part of a human family. Their history as a small general-purpose and a farm dog means that they are generally highly intelligent, trainable, and moderately independent. At home, they make excellent watchdogs, barking to announce the presence of strangers. The Eskie can be protective of its home and family, but in general they will not threaten to attack or bite a person unless provoked. As with all dogs, temperament is partially inherited and partially trained. Some dogs are prone to excessive barking and separation anxiety. It is important to research the dog's pedigree as their temperament may vary due to inheritance.... When their intelligence is not stimulated or they are ignored, they can develop behavior issues. Owners can avoid this problem by socializing their Eskie through obedience training or participating in dog sports""Eskies should be thoroughly socialized when young to avoid potential aggression-related accidents.""The American Eskimo Dog is intelligent, alert, and friendly, although slightly conservative. It is never overly shy nor aggressive, and such dogs are to be severely penalized in the show ring. At home it is an excellent watchdog, sounding a warning bark to announce the arrival of any stranger. It is protective of its home and family, although it does not threaten to bite or attack people""The American Eskimo is bright, eager to please, lively and fun-loving, in short, an enjoyable and generally obedient companion. True to the Spitz heritage, he is independent and tenacious and loves to run, especially in cold weather. But he is among the most biddable of Spitz breeds, and is calm and well-mannered inside. He is good with children, other dogs, and pets and is generally outgoing to everyone.""Eskies are exceptionally noted for their love of their family which includes other household pets"

• I foster 2 Eskie adults and have 5 other dogs along with 3 indoor cats. My 2 Eskies get along fine with the others and they were all adults when they came into the house. There is a way to introduce each to new furry members of the family. Put the new pet in a crate and keep the other dog on a leash. Walk the dog around the crate letting him sniff, etc. Talk nicely to both. Then let go of the lead and let him get comfortable around the crate by himself but dragging the lead. With any aggression by either, you have control. Once they seem to be comfortable (and this may take 30-45 min) then take the new pet out and with your other dog on a lead, take them outside where they do not feel cornered. Let each get to know the other. The leads assure that you can step on the leash and stop them from running, etc. if necessary. The entire process should take about 1-2 hours. Congratulations!