why does my american eskimo not have a curly tail?

i have a cute american eskimo puppy, about 6 months old, and he doesnt yet have that spitzy tail yet. also, does anyone know when they stop growing? hes supposed to be a standard, but hes still kind of small.

i have a cute american eskimo puppy, about 6 months old, and he doesnt yet have that spitzy tail yet. also, does anyone know when they stop growing? hes supposed to be a standard, but hes still kind of small....
    Dog Breed Discussions : why does my american eskimo not have a curly tail?...

• why does my american eskimo not have a curly tail?

why does my american eskimo not have a curly tail? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have a cute american eskimo puppy, about 6 months old, and he doesnt yet have that spitzy tail yet. also, does anyone know when they stop growing? hes supposed to be a standard, but hes still kind of small.

why does my american eskimo not have a curly tail? Dog Breed Discussions
    • 1. he could be mixed2. sometimes it does not cruel because like humans we all are not the same like black ppl some have straight hair and some have curly hair and etc..3.he just a rare dogI dont think its anything serious though

• The max on this breed is still a small to medium sized dog with standards being 15"-19". If your vet doesn't see a problem, then I wouldn't be overly worried. If you bought the dog specifically as a standard and were guaranteed a standard, then contact your breeder. As far as the tails, the tail of an Eskie ranges from typical Spitz curly to simply being floppy over the top of the back without much curl. So again, it's not too much of a worry for me. Did you buy from a responsible show breeder (not just champion lines - champion sired)? If so, shoot them an e-mail and ask them your questions. They will be more than happy to answer. Most medium sized dogs reach their maximum height at 8-12 months of age. After that, they tend to fill out.