Can I walk my American Eskimo in the summer?

I have a 10 year old American Eskimo dog. Now that it's summer, I was wondering if it would be best to walk my dog less because of the heat and their thick fur. I walk my dog about 3-4 times a day,(about 10-20 minutes each walk) but I wasn't sure if the…

I have a 10 year old American Eskimo dog. Now that it's summer, I was wondering if it would be best to walk my dog less because of the heat and their thick fur. I walk my dog about 3-4 times a day,(about 10-20 minutes each walk) but I wasn't sure if the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can I walk my American Eskimo in the summer?...

• Can I walk my American Eskimo in the summer?

Can I walk my American Eskimo in the summer? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 10 year old American Eskimo dog. Now that it's summer, I was wondering if it would be best to walk my dog less because of the heat and their thick fur. I walk my dog about 3-4 times a day,(about 10-20 minutes each walk) but I wasn't sure if the heat would make him more likely to get sick, especially since he is getting older.

Can I walk my American Eskimo in the summer? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Heat and advanced age are dangerous together. Good for you for knowing it. I'd go for exercise walks only when the temp is below 80, and just go out to potty during the heat of the day. Give him a good drink before you go and another when you get back, and of course, watch him.Best of luck to you both!