Why are american eskimos so mean toward other dogs?

I have a 4 year old american eskimo toy size. and he HATES other dogs. My neibor dog got loose and ran into our yard, (hes a black lab) and he just wanted to play with my dog but my dog went into attack mode and wanted to bite him. and hes 3 times…

I have a 4 year old american eskimo toy size. and he HATES other dogs. My neibor dog got loose and ran into our yard, (hes a black lab) and he just wanted to play with my dog but my dog went into attack mode and wanted to bite him. and hes 3 times…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why are american eskimos so mean toward other dogs?...

• Why are american eskimos so mean toward other dogs?

Why are american eskimos so mean toward other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 4 year old american eskimo toy size. and he HATES other dogs. My neibor dog got loose and ran into our yard, (hes a black lab) and he just wanted to play with my dog but my dog went into attack mode and wanted to bite him. and hes 3 times smaller then the lab. how can i get him to stopyes there is such thing as a toy size they come in three sizes. read up on it a little before acting like captain know it all

Why are american eskimos so mean toward other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • American Eskimos aren't mean toward other dogs. Your INDIVIDUAL dog is. Likely you have not adequately socialized him with other dogs. Since he is already displaying dog aggression, I would consult a trainer or behaviorist for some help at first. They can evaluate his level of aggression and suggest a customized approach. Please don't take some random stranger's tips online- aggression is a complicated behavior with many different motivations- ranging from fear to territorial defensiveness. Addressing it inappropriately for your specific dog can result in making the behavior much worse rather than better.Add: Chihuahua addict- American Eskimos are divided into Toy, Miniature, and Standard sizes, just as are Poodles. See the standard here: http://www.akc.org/breeds/american_eskimo_dog/ It is perfectly appropriate to refer to the dog as a toy-sized American Eskimo.

• It is not as simple as the breed, I have a mini american eskimo who is very good with other dogs. It depends on how you socialized the dog when he was a puppy. Walking them together seems to be the best way to get two dogs to bond.

• Hi, Dog-dog aggression is treatable but nearly always requires the help of a trained professional (and lifelong vigilance). Doing everything you can to prevent it in the first place is a much better option. Here's more info:http://lahmiji.notlong.com