How do I keep my American Eskimo's fur clean?

I just adopted an American Eskimo and her fur has a lot of yellow patches on her back and ears. She also has tear stains that are very dark. What do I do to get rid of the yellow patches and heavy tear stains and how long would it take?

I just adopted an American Eskimo and her fur has a lot of yellow patches on her back and ears. She also has tear stains that are very dark. What do I do to get rid of the yellow patches and heavy tear stains and how long would it take?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I keep my American Eskimo's fur clean?...

• How do I keep my American Eskimo's fur clean?

How do I keep my American Eskimo's fur clean? Dog Breed Discussions
      I just adopted an American Eskimo and her fur has a lot of yellow patches on her back and ears. She also has tear stains that are very dark. What do I do to get rid of the yellow patches and heavy tear stains and how long would it take?

How do I keep my American Eskimo's fur clean? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Try frequent brushing to remove the yellow fur. For faster results Chris Christensen's White on White shampoo is the best I have found. It does not contain bleach so will not harm the coat or other colors on the dog.http://www.chrissystems.com/Angel Eyes will prevent future tear stains. It takes a month or more to see the imrpovement. Tear stains are caused by red yeast. It is yeast that is growing on the damp tears. Remove the tears several times daily with a damp wash cloth and dry to help manage the stains.