are brown spots on american eskimo belly common?

Recently adopted a female american eskimo and are trying to figure out if she is purebred. She has brown spots on her belly, sort of looks like the spots on a cow...to those of you that are sarcastic.....we know she wasn't bred with a cow!

Recently adopted a female american eskimo and are trying to figure out if she is purebred. She has brown spots on her belly, sort of looks like the spots on a cow...to those of you that are sarcastic.....we know she wasn't bred with a cow!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : are brown spots on american eskimo belly common?...

• are brown spots on american eskimo belly common?

are brown spots on american eskimo belly common? Dog Breed Discussions
      Recently adopted a female american eskimo and are trying to figure out if she is purebred. She has brown spots on her belly, sort of looks like the spots on a cow...to those of you that are sarcastic.....we know she wasn't bred with a cow!

are brown spots on american eskimo belly common? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I think the point you are trying to get at is that a common characteristic of that breed. For some breeds it is common to have spots(or patches) on their belly- like Jack Russells and others. I am not sure if that is common for eskimos or if that is a sign that she is not purebred. You could consult AKC's breed guidlines or ask your vet what they think. In the end I don't think it matters. In my opinion mix breeds are just as good if not better than purebreds.