DS: What are your favourite dog breeds within each group?

Have fun!For me it is:Sporting ~ I like Labrador Retrievers. I think Gordon Setters are gorgeous. I like them all, not into one of them in special.Hound ~ I like the good ol' American Foxhound. Working ~ I think Alaskan Malamutes are awesome but would…

Have fun!For me it is:Sporting ~ I like Labrador Retrievers. I think Gordon Setters are gorgeous. I like them all, not into one of them in special.Hound ~ I like the good ol' American Foxhound. Working ~ I think Alaskan Malamutes are awesome but would…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : DS: What are your favourite dog breeds within each group?...

• DS: What are your favourite dog breeds within each group?

DS: What are your favourite dog breeds within each group? Dog Breed Discussions
      Have fun!For me it is:Sporting ~ I like Labrador Retrievers. I think Gordon Setters are gorgeous. I like them all, not into one of them in special.Hound ~ I like the good ol' American Foxhound. Working ~ I think Alaskan Malamutes are awesome but would never own one. Terrier ~ Love 'em all! LOL. My favourites are both JRT and the Parson, Fox Terrier and of course the APBT.Toy ~ Not a big fan. If I had to choose, Yorkshire Terrier.Non-Sporting ~ Dalmatians. Chows. Sometimes.Herding ~ I think Canaan Dogs are nice. I also like Aussies. What about you?@ ScottieDog: Don't get your note, guess that means I'm a [email protected], that was pretty stupid (my last add). Sorry. I'm pissed at something else.

DS: What are your favourite dog breeds within each group? Dog Breed Discussions
    • sporting: irish setterHound: black and tan coonhoundWorking:RottweilerTerrier:American Pitbull TerrierToy:PoodleNonSporting:dalmatiansHerding:whatever the great big hairy white ones are lol

• Hound- Beagle. Not really the dog for me but many members of my family have Beagles and they're wonderful dogs.Terrier- I love most of these dogs. I can't chose between the Norwich Terrier and Scotties. Hope you don't mind that I'm picking two.Toy- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I've actually considered getting one, but all the health issues with this breed has stopped me. Non-Sporting- Chows, have no idea why but I've just always liked them. Don't think I'll ever get one though. Herding- German Shepherd without a doubtADD: Forgot the Working Group!Working- Rottweiler and Siberian Husky (hope you don't mind that I'm picking two again).Urg... and I forgot Sporting too!Sporting- German Shorthaired Pointers, I want a GSP so bad!

• Sporting: Nova Scotia Duck Tolling RetrieverHound: Pharoah HoundWorking: Doberman PinscherTerrier: American Staffordshire TerrierToy: PapillonNon-Sporting: Finish SpitzHerding: Border CollieMiscellaneous Class: Norwegian LundehundFSS: Belgian Laekenois

• Tough to pick! I like so many different breeds for different reasons.If I had to pick, I would go with the following:Sporting: I'm partial to the Brittany and the English Springer Spaniel even though I own a German Shorthair Pointer. :) AND Skipper is educating me on the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers....they ARE pretty awesome dogs.Hound: I didn't know the ridgeback was in the hound group. I think they are beautiful but I think I would have to go with the Bloodhound in this group because they are pretty awesome....followed closely by the American Foxhound.Working: I have to stick with my Bullmastiff. :)Terrier: I love terriers. I have to go with either the Scottish Terrier or the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.Toy: Again....have to go with my own breed of dog...the Cavalier King Charles SpanielNon Sporting: I don't think I'd ever own a dog in this group, but I will pick the Shiba Inu because they are pretty cool looking dogs.Herding: I have to go with the Border Collie, followed closely by the Australian Shepherd.

• these for me are mostly by looks, i love the looks of many many dogs and these are just a few. Sporting - pointer, welsh springer spaniel, vizsla, and weimaranerHound - borzoi, greyhound, ibizan hound (smooth), and rhodesian ridgebackWorking - anatolian shepherd, doberman pinscher, kuvasz, and newfoundlandTerrier - border terrier, irish terrier, soft coated wheaten terrier, and west highland white terrierToy - cavalier king charles spaniel, italian greyhound, papillon, and pugNon-Sporting - dalmatian, shiba inu, tibetan spaniel Herding - australian shepherd, belgian sheepdog, belgian tervuren, collie, and german shepherd dog

• Herding: Australian Shepherd :)Sporting: Labrador RetrieverWorking: Bernese Mountain DogTerrier: Skye TerrierToy: PapillonNon-sporting: PoodleHound: Bloodhound

• Sporting Group: Labrador Retrievers and my all time favorite breedHound: Basset Hound or BloodhoundWorking Group: Tibetan MastiffTerrier: Not a fan but if I had to chose Soft Coat Wheaten TerrierToy: King Charles CavalierNon-Sporting: ChowsHerding: German Shepherds

• Sporting - vizlaHounds - Afghan, greyhound, borzoi, saluki, Irish wolfhound Working - Great PyreneesTerrier - not a fan, but my favorite would be cairnsToy - PapillonNon-Sporting - Tibetan terrierHerding - Belgian tervuren

• Sporting- PointerHound- Rhodesian RidgebackWorking- DobermannTerrier- Bull TerrierToy- Um. Thats hard. Not my favorite group... Manchester Terrier. Non-Sporting- Dalmatian.Herding- German Shepherds!

• sporting: Cocker Spanielhound: Greyhoundworking: Giant Schnauzerterrier: Scottie (of course)toy: Pomeraniannon-sporting: French Bulldogherding: Pembroke Welsh CorgiNote: answers subject to change on a daily basis.

• Sporting - Nova Scotia Duck TollerHound - Petit Basset Griffon VendéenWorking - Probably a DobermanTerrier - ScottieToy - PapillonNon-Sporting - BulldogHerding - Border Collie fo sho

• I'm just assuming you're talking about AKC, so here goes:Sporting: Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Weimaraner, Flat Coated RetrieverHound: Pharaoh Hound, Afghan Hound, Black and Tan Coonhound, Borzoi, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Rhodesian RidgebackWorking: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Bernese Mountain Dog, Black Russian Terrier, Dobie, German Pinscher, Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Great Pyrenees, Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Kuvasz, Rottweiler, Samoyed, Siberian Husky, Tibetan MastiffTerrier: AmStaff, Staffy, Bull Terrier, Smooth Fox TerrierToy: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Japanese Chin, Pomeranian, Toy Poodle, Shih TzuNon Sporting: Chow Chow, Dalmatian, Lhasa Apso, Standard Poodle, Shiba InuHerding: Australian Shepherd, Beauceron, Malinois, Belgian Sheepdog, Tervuren, Canaan Dog, Collie, GSDFor the UKC:Guardian Dog: American Bulldog, Cane Corso, Caucasian Ovtcharka, Dogo Argentino, Hovawart, Kangal, Leonberger, Perro De Presa Canario, Sarplaninac, Tosa InuNorthern Breed: Canadian Eskimo Dog, Greenland dog, Karelian Bear Dog, Norweigian ElkhoundSighthound and Pariah: Thai RidgebackTerrier: APBT

• Sporting - Weimaraner, Vizsla or ESS (I can't decide!)Hound - Bluetick CoonhoundWorking - Newfoundland or BoxerTerrier - Cairn TerrierToy - PapillonNon-Sporting - DALMATIAN!Herding - Rough Collie or Shetland SheepdogMiscellaneous - Treeing Walker Coonhound or Finnish Lapphund

• Sporting- Golden Retriever, and Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers. Hound- Bloodhound, Irish wolfhound, and greyhounds.Working- Newfoundland, St bernard. Terrier- Staffordshire Bull Terrier.. I guess. Toy- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Papillion.Non-Sporting- Poodle, Bulldog. Herding- Now THIS is what I'm talking 'bout, Aussies, ACDs, Collies, Old English Sheepdogs. :)To be honest I only really know about dogs in the herding group lol.