What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive?

My dog is too wimpy she is a German Shepard American Foxhound mix weighing 65 lbs and her body is slim like a foxhound only her fur is German Shepard. When I grab her she whines,groans,barks and rarely growls. I would wrestle with her and grab her by her…

What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive?

My dog is too wimpy she is a German Shepard American Foxhound mix weighing 65 lbs and her body is slim like a foxhound only her fur is German Shepard. When I grab her she whines,groans,barks and rarely growls. I would wrestle with her and grab her by her…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive?...

• What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive?

What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog is too wimpy she is a German Shepard American Foxhound mix weighing 65 lbs and her body is slim like a foxhound only her fur is German Shepard. When I grab her she whines,groans,barks and rarely growls. I would wrestle with her and grab her by her waist or neck then trap her with my body even hug her against my body and she looks uncomfortable. I even put her on tp of me then hug her back and she wants to escape and I don't let her. She still plays with toys and licks me and sleeps next to me and she always shows me affection and forgives me as nothing happened.

What dog breed would you recommend that can tolerate my rough play and not be too wimpy nether too aggressive? Dog Breed Discussions
    • My dog's a 10 pound chihuahua pug mix and she plays rougher than any big dog I know;we push her across the living room,play smack the side of her face,even lift her up on our feet or hands when she really gets into biting them,and she loves every minute of it,lol.She likes to jump and snap so we run and she'll jump up to our waist's trying to get our hands,but afterward she'll come cuddle up wagging her tail and smiling like a fool.:)

• i would get a lab i have a lab shes great to play with labs love spending time and playing with people. my dog sleeps next to me licks shes always excited to see me and my dad always play rough with her. and shes great with other people and other dogs.

• Go to a gym to get a wrestling partner and ease up on your dog . They aren't bred for you to practice WWF moves on and you need to treat them accordingly not piss and moan about her being a wimp. For Gods sake pets are like 4 legged people and would you treat your children this way. I have 2 dogs and can still play with them i just do it according to their ability to play and most certainly wouldnt try to force neither of them to be aggressive. Maybe a pitbull is what you need to teach you to learn to treat animals right. Theyll wrestle love and protect you but when enough is enough theyll also snap your a#* if two if needed.

• Why do you want to play that way when it obviously makes your dog uncomfortable? Wouldn't it be more pleasant to find a way to play that you both enjoy? Why not try running, throwing a ball or frisbee, teaching your dog tricks, or cuddling and petting instead of wrestling? I don't think any self-respecting adult dog is going to appreciate the kind of play you are describing. Some dogs will put up with it, but I doubt they would find it fun. Put yourself mentally in the dog's position and see how much you would enjoy being on the receiving end of that kind of treatment. I don't think you need a new breed, just a new game.