My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out?

in the back yard when he wants the door is open,but even when hes outside and he hears the front door open or our keys he starts barking,and his bark is loud and annoying,it sounds like hes being beat,if he hears me in my room from the back yard and i go…

My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out?

in the back yard when he wants the door is open,but even when hes outside and he hears the front door open or our keys he starts barking,and his bark is loud and annoying,it sounds like hes being beat,if he hears me in my room from the back yard and i go…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out?...

• My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out?

My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out? Dog Breed Discussions
      in the back yard when he wants the door is open,but even when hes outside and he hears the front door open or our keys he starts barking,and his bark is loud and annoying,it sounds like hes being beat,if he hears me in my room from the back yard and i go to the kitchen he will run to the kitchen door,hes making me mad and very irritated,i love my dog very much but that behavior is really agravating,how do i get him to stop!!when i am back in his sight hes content,i just went and moved the cars and he threw a fit now im back at the computer where he is and hes got a toy on my lap chewing it all happy!!

My dog is driving me crazy!! I let my American foxhound of 10 months stay in the backroom,hes able to go out? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Separation Anxietyhttp://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1551&articleid=2266The American Foxhound is sweet, kind, loyal, and very loving at a home. As with all hounds they need careful training, constant socialization, and owners who are willing to give them ample exercise: a bored foxhound will find ways to keep themselves entertained and can be very destructive, some examples of destruction include everything from scratching at doors to tearing apart objects and, being rather long, they have the ability to take things from counter-tops. If routine walks are not an option, access to a secure yard is a good alternative; however the best option would be constant access via a dog door and a secure yard.Intelligent creatures as they are, many foxhounds quickly learn to open gates or scale small fences to go wandering. While on the hunt the foxhound is a warrior, once a scent is picked up he or she will follow it neglecting any commands. Because their hunting instinct is strong they should never be trusted off-lead. Foxhounds are rarely street savvy and will follow a scent trail into the street where they could get hit by a car.Foxhounds are easy to live with and thrive as members of a family; however, they are not ideal apartment dogs and shouldn't be left alone indoors for extended periods of time. They do however, get along very well with children, especially small children; although one must always keep an eye when children and animals are interacting as it is not beyond any animal to bite or claw when they feel they are threatened.Foxhounds do not make good watch dogs; while more skittish hounds may howl when they see a newcomer, more often then not they will greet the newcomer affectionately hoping for treats or scratches behind the ears. This is due to centuries of breeding; any hound that growled or bared its teeth at its master would not be bred or in some cases put down.Most scent hounds are bred to give "voice". Foxhounds are not nuisance barkers but they do have loud, deep voices that carry a great distance. Although most people love the sound, many urban or suburban neighbors do not appreciate the deep barks or melodious howling of a foxhound.They cannot be expected to act like retrievers because, though affectionate, they are independent by nature. Although a few foxhounds have been trained in obedience, most will not follow commands unless it suits them. Training a foxhound can be a trying experience, training a retired foxhound that grew up in a Fox Hunt can be even worse, they can be stubborn and don’t respond to negative reinforcement well.