Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests?

She also sleeps next to my brothers friends during sleep over even when they sleep on a Fulton on the ground. She is very peaceful when she sleeps.Our dog knows how to open doors and she is a American foxhound German Shepard mix and is tall and slim…

Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests?

She also sleeps next to my brothers friends during sleep over even when they sleep on a Fulton on the ground. She is very peaceful when she sleeps.Our dog knows how to open doors and she is a American foxhound German Shepard mix and is tall and slim…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests?...

• Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests?

Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests? Dog Breed Discussions
      She also sleeps next to my brothers friends during sleep over even when they sleep on a Fulton on the ground. She is very peaceful when she sleeps.Our dog knows how to open doors and she is a American foxhound German Shepard mix and is tall and slim 65lbs. My brothers are both in high school and I am in college. My dog sleeps next to my either 15 or 16 year old brother and because I sleep late and wake up late so in the morning while I am still asleep and my brothers are at school and my parents at work she comes to my room and then climbs on my bed and sleeps and I am to lazy to get her off and it is cute. She is a well behaved dog.Guests love it

Should we stop our dog from climing on our beds at night or during the day from sleeping next to us or guests? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Do whatever suits you best. I have never crated any of my dogs they are part of my family. I have 3 dogs now, the oldest sleeps on my son's bed in his bedroom, the other 2 sleep in our room. The youngest starts out on our bed and stays there all night, the other one starts out in her box and comes up on the bed around 3am. It doesn't bother me, yes they get hairs on the bed but I can wash the quilt. They keep my feet warm in the winter and are no trouble apart from the odd time they start twitching when they dream lol.

• only if someone doesn't like it.i let mine sleep with me. when i take care of my daughter's dog she sleeps under the bed as she's not allowed on furniture at home.

• personally I dont get why people want hairy sometimes dirty (or wet) dogs on their bed. I have 3 big dogs - 2 GSD's and none of them are on my bed or my furniture. Yeah, years ago I used to do that, I outgrew it. In the last 15 years or so, I bought them their own beds - I wash them weekly, it keeps my house from smelling like dog and they have their own spots.They each willingly go and lie down in their own Place - its easy, and its automatic. I dont have to tell them - its conditioning.Having said all that, many people I meet and speak with let their dogs sleep on their bed - so whatever floats your boat. It would seem your dog has through your own conditioning decided her place is your place - or whatever warm body is available. It would take some work to change it.