What kind of dog is this? Pic!?

We just adopted a wonderful dog about a week ago. She has a very sweet disposition, loves to play, just a great dog. I can't for the life of me figure out what breed she is. Closest I could find was an American Foxhound, but she's the wrong color, they…

We just adopted a wonderful dog about a week ago. She has a very sweet disposition, loves to play, just a great dog. I can't for the life of me figure out what breed she is. Closest I could find was an American Foxhound, but she's the wrong color, they…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What kind of dog is this? Pic!?...

• What kind of dog is this? Pic!?

What kind of dog is this? Pic!? Dog Breed Discussions
      We just adopted a wonderful dog about a week ago. She has a very sweet disposition, loves to play, just a great dog. I can't for the life of me figure out what breed she is. Closest I could find was an American Foxhound, but she's the wrong color, they don't come in yellow. She's yellow with a white chest, and brown eyes, her nose is black, and around her snout is a tiny bit pink, brown and white. Her skin under her fur is very bright pink. Her tail is long and skinny and has a bit of a curl at the end, and she has soft, short floppy ears. **Thanks to all of you who answered my question about her cough. It is Kennel Cough, fits perfectly.**http://www.flickr.com/photos/42057915@N06/3875779752/

What kind of dog is this? Pic!? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's likely that she is a Shepherd/Lab mix. Her coat looks Lab-ish, while her coloring and ears are reminiscent of a Shepherd. I can't quite tell from the picture, but her head and nose seem broad. It may be she has a teeny bit of Pit in her too.

• She definitely looks as though she has a bit of labrador retriever in her. Perhaps with some type of herding dog in her as well, like a border collie or an australian cattle dog. She does not look to be a pure bred dog though.

• What a cutie pie!Maggie looks like a Sweetheart!Definitely looks like a German Shepherd/ Labrador Mix! I also looked at the other pics and I concur that she is a German Shepherd/Labrador mix!The ears look like what shepherd ears do and the color looks like a Lab,face looks like a German Shepherd as well.the curl tail is the Lab part also my dog Duke is part shepherd and Half lab and part Rottie and his tail curls also!Beaa-The coloring fits the Lab most. Labs can be a yellow,black and brown. She would be a yellow. Yellow labs can be a light yellow to a fox red color and yes they can have some white on their chest!

• Definitely a mixed breed. The vet or a dog trainer can be most accurate to relay usually. But my guess is absolutely a pitbull from the face shape and head outline. My sister had one that had that same exact face look. She was a pit mix, determined by their vet.The body and coat color can indicate a good range of dog breeds. Hard to say most on that aspect. But the tail being slightly curled, if it is at all times, even when they are resting, this is a sign of a spitz breed. They are ones like akitas, american eskimos,etc.Look up spitz.I can't say by the body size as she's not standing up, but it is a mid size dog look by the pic and that indicates a lab or a possible shepard in the mix with the coat being fine and shorter to the body then. I'd be curious to ask the vet for their guess. My vet determined my german shepard terrier mix breed accurately as the dog trainer confirmed. Sometimes dogs can be a combination of several different breeds in them. Best to find out to see what type of personality they will have. If you adopted from a shelter, look up on the papers you have for this as they should indicate what type of breed(s) they are by the vets there. Your pic shown has them with one cropped (droopy) ear, that can reflect some type of specific breed(s) also. I'm not sure which.Shelters or humane society have the animals all vet checked initially.