Phoey to the designer breeds?

I have a list of all the AKC recognized breeds. Can you find any oddles, teacups, etc? Do you think that they are still breeds? Do you think that the AKC should still recognize them?Heres the list:AffenpinscherAfghan HoundAiredale TerrierAkitaAlaskan…

I have a list of all the AKC recognized breeds. Can you find any oddles, teacups, etc? Do you think that they are still breeds? Do you think that the AKC should still recognize them?Heres the list:AffenpinscherAfghan HoundAiredale TerrierAkitaAlaskan…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Phoey to the designer breeds?...

• Phoey to the designer breeds?

Phoey to the designer breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a list of all the AKC recognized breeds. Can you find any oddles, teacups, etc? Do you think that they are still breeds? Do you think that the AKC should still recognize them?Heres the list:AffenpinscherAfghan HoundAiredale TerrierAkitaAlaskan MalamuteAmerican Eskimo DogAmerican FoxhoundAmerican Staffordshire TerrierAmerican Water SpanielAnatolian Shepherd DogAustralian Cattle DogAustralian ShepherdAustralian TerrierBasenjiBasset HoundBeagleBearded CollieBeauceronBedlington TerrierBelgian MalinoisBelgian SheepdogBelgian TervurenBernese Mountain DogBichon FriseBlack and Tan CoonhoundBlack Russian TerrierBloodhoundBorder CollieBorder TerrierBorzoiBoston TerrierBouvier des FlandresBoxerBriardBrittanyBrussels GriffonBull TerrierBulldogBullmastiffCairn TerrierCanaan DogCardigan Welsh CorgiCavalier King Charles SpanielChesapeake Bay RetrieverChihuahuaChinese CrestedChinese Shar-PeiChow ChowClumber SpanielCocker SpanielCollieCurly-Coated RetrieverDachshundDalmatianDandie Dinmont TerrierDoberman PinscherEnglish Cocker SpanielEnglish FoxhoundEnglish SetterEnglish Springer SpanielEnglish Toy SpanielField SpanielFinnish SpitzFlat-Coated RetrieverFrench BulldogGerman PinscherGerman Shepherd DogGerman Shorthaired PointerGerman Wirehaired PointerGiant SchnauzerGlen of Imaal TerrierGolden RetrieverGordon SetterGreat DaneGreat PyreneesGreater Swiss Mountain DogGreyhoundHarrierHavaneseIbizan HoundIrish SetterIrish TerrierIrish Water SpanielIrish WolfhoundItalian GreyhoundJapanese ChinKeeshondKerry Blue TerrierKomondorKuvaszLabrador RetrieverLakeland Terrier Lhasa ApsoLöwchenMalteseManchester TerrierMastiffMiniature Bull TerrierMiniature PinscherMiniature SchnauzerNeapolitan MastiffNewfoundlandNorfolk TerrierNorwegian ElkhoundNorwich TerrierNova Scotia Duck Tolling RetrieverOld English SheepdogOtterhoundPapillon Parson Russell TerrierPekingeseCurly-Coated RetrieverDachshundDalmatianDandie Dinmont TerrierDoberman PinscherEnglish Cocker SpanielEnglish FoxhoundEnglish SetterEnglish Springer SpanielEnglish Toy SpanielField SpanielFinnish SpitzFlat-Coated RetrieverFrench BulldogGerman PinscherGerman Shepherd DogGerman Shorthaired PointerGerman Wirehaired PointerGiant SchnauzerGlen of Imaal TerrierGolden RetrieverGordon SetterGreat DaneGreat PyreneesGreater Swiss Mountain DogGreyhoundHarrierHavaneseIbizan HoundIrish SetterIrish TerrierIrish Water SpanielIrish WolfhoundItalian GreyhoundJapanese ChinKeeshondKerry Blue TerrierKomondorKuvaszLabrador RetrieverLakeland Terrier Lhasa ApsoLöwchenMalteseManchester TerrierMastiffMiniature Bull TerrierMiniature PinscherMiniature SchnauzerNeapolitan MastiffNewfoundlandNorfolk TerrierNorwegian ElkhoundNorwich TerrierNova Scotia Duck Tolling RetrieverOld English SheepdogOtterhoundPapillon Parson Russell TerrierPekingesePembroke Welsh CorgiPetit Basset Griffon VendéenPharaoh HoundPlottPointerPolish Lowland SheepdogPomeranianPoodlePortuguese Water DogPugPuliRhodesian RidgebackRottweilerSaint BernardSalukiSamoyedSchipperkeScottish DeerhoundScottish TerrierSealyham TerrierShetland SheepdogShiba InuShih TzuSiberian HuskySilky TerrierSkye TerrierSmooth Fox TerrierSoft Coated Wheaten TerrierSpinone ItalianoStaffordshire Bull TerrierStandard SchnauzerSussex SpanielSwedish VallhundTibetan MastiffTibetan SpanielTibetan TerrierToy Fox TerrierVizslaWeimaranerWelsh Springer SpanielWelsh TerrierWest Highland White TerrierWhippetWire Fox TerrierWirehaired Pointing GriffonYorkshire Terrier Are these breeds not good enough for you?Added note:Sorry i pasted one twice! Also, the APBT is listed as the ASTSarah - DOG BREED INFO? ARE YOU SERIOUS!

Phoey to the designer breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • no they should never admit a new breed unless its being bred diligently by devoted breeders, and they actually have a breed standard and have been being bred with a consistent look for many years

• Here are the "designer breeds" !!!!http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hybriddogs.htmsorry its ALOT to copy so i'll just paste the site. tisk tisk people.EDIT:::: People need to stop breeding these dogs! Look just how many homeless dogs are in the shelter! Just make up a cute name for them by mixxing the two breeds together. Like for example Isis is adopting a Shepalador!!!

• Yep, I saw NO Oddles, Poo's (besides pure bred poodles ). But the real weird thing is that you forgot the Pomadoodleshepherdpoodle! Thats a pure bred!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even saw it on that one website! what was it called?? Oh ya DogBreedInfo. WHAT A JOKE! You can just about here all the "designer" dog owners looking at this going "OOH you forgot my pure bred Shampoochiloogoo! You obviously dont know what you are talking about! Shampoochiloogoo's are a PURE BREED!". It just makes laugh whenever someone says that they actually have a pure bred AKC designer dog. I mean, I am not laughing b/c of the dog. I am laughing at how stupid they would have to be to buy it. CURSE YOU BYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you for posting this!

• Good point! Another thing to remember are all the breeds that tend to be ignored because they don't have cutie names, very cool breeds that you hardly ever see.And IMHO "dogbreedinfo.com" and "puppydogweb" are two of the biggest jokes around. Very little accurate info, lots of fluff.