Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs?

German shepard,blue healer,border collie, Doberman

Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs?

German shepard,blue healer,border collie, Doberman...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs?...

• Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs?

Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      German shepard,blue healer,border collie, Doberman

Which one of these dogs would be best for taking hunting and would they be good hunting dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • None of these dogs were bred for hunting. GSD, Blue Heeler and Border Collie are all herding dogs and the Doberman was bred for protection. If you want hunting dogs look to hounds-Coon, Blue Tick, Red Bone. Of course it all depends on what you are hunting for.

• None of them. Blue Heeler (note the correct spelling) & Border Collie are herding dogs. Doberman's are used for protection and German Shepherds are generally used as police dogs.What are you looking to hunt?edit: Doglover, how can you recommend a hound, when you don't know what he wants to hunt? Hounds are NOT all purpose hunting dogs. Hounds have a specific skills, they are not retrievers, they don't flush birds.The breed appropriate depends on what he wants to hunt. Is he looking for a pointer? A dog to flush? A retriever to sit in a blind and retrieve a downed duck? Is he looking to hunt small game and vermin?

• Here is a website on hunting (hound) dogs: http://www.justdogbreeds.com/hound-dog-breeds.htmlOut of all of them I say the American Foxhound or the English Foxhound but I don't know what you are going to be hunting.Hope I helped :D