What are the best breeds for living in warm climates?

ive asked this question before but haven't really got any good answers.

ive asked this question before but haven't really got any good answers....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the best breeds for living in warm climates?...

• What are the best breeds for living in warm climates?

What are the best breeds for living in warm climates? Dog Breed Discussions
      ive asked this question before but haven't really got any good answers.

What are the best breeds for living in warm climates? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I would suggest Greyhounds. I think they originated around Egypt, so it seems like they'd do pretty well in warmer climates. I know they don't do well in cold climates!If you like small dogs, Chihuahuas also come from a warm climate area.Chinese Crested or other hairless breeds perhaps.

• umm a mexican hairless. I dont know but some of these questions seem so common sense to me. lets see in a warm climate i dont think a big dog with long hair would do so well. i dont see many st bernards in miami. common sense tells me a skinny short hair would do better. i dont see many dobermans in alaska. was that really that hard to figure out?cold=fat and long hair goodhot=skinny and short hair goodwow

• Probably one that is native to where you live? Where are you? One of the hair less breeds, or something with a short coat like a grey hound. OR a dog you don't mind clipping to keep the coat short.

• the Arabian Saluki. it Originated in arabia and was used for Hunting by the Beduin. its a really good looking dog too. its also fast and has lots of stamina.

• Usually short to medium hair breeds should do ok. But not dogs with short muzzles like pugs, bulldogs etc. But I'm not a pro in this field, this may just help you out:http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/searchcategories.htm

• When you say a warm climate exactly what do you mean? The Warm of California vs the warm of Texas cs the warm of Florida are all different.I can tell you that we live in North Carolina and it gets pretty darn toasty and humid here. I think the key is how you care for your pet in the heat. I have seen about every breed here in NC at one time or another. Most St. Bernard or other long hair breeds get their dogs clipped for the summer to help with the heat. And most people take care in the summer to keep their pets in a cool place.If you have a small breed dog it is just as susceptible to heat stroke as a large breed.My advice is to research the breeds you like. Find a rescue group to adopt one. Provide adequate shade, water, and AC when possible and which ever breed you choose will be fine.

• Typically any breeds which originate from hot climates. They're already adapted to the heat in terms of regulating their body temperature through behaviour e.g. panting, exercise. A dog that came from cold climates such a Malamute in a warm country would suffer as they cannot exercise as much as they would usually and pant alot etc etc etc. Dogs that have long, thick coats, or have particular problems with breathing such as pugs should also avoid warm countries too.The following dogs live well in warm climatesDogs from the Americas include: Toy Fox Terrier, Boston Terrier, Rat Terrier, Treeing Tennessee Brindle, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Pitbull Terrier, Plott Hound, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Treeing Walker Coonhound, American Foxhound, Redbone & Black-and-Tan Coonhound, American/English Coonhound, Bluetick Coonhounds, Mexican Hairless Terrier, Brazilian Terrier, Fila Brasileiro, Peruvian Inca Orchid, Dogo ArgentinoDogs from Europe include: Norweigian and Hygen Hound, Swedish Dachsbracke, Smaland Hound, Schiller Hound, Hamilton Hound, Old Danish Pointer, Broholmer, English Toy Terrier, Jack Russell/Parson Terrier, Miniature Bull Terrier, Plummer Terrier, Beagle, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Manchester Terrier, Smooth Fox terrier, Whippet, Harrier, Smooth Collie, Bull Terrier, Fox Hound, Greyhound, Kerry Beagle, Basset Hound, Beagle Harrier, Braque Francais, Porcelaine, Ariegeois, Petit Gascon Saintongeois, Braque St Germain, Braque D'auvergne, Braque du Bourbonnais, Braque Francais, Dogue De Bordeaux, Billy, Poitevin, Braque De L'ariege, Great Anglo-French White and Orange Hound, Grand Bleu De Gascogne, Francais Tricolore, Francais Blanc Et Noir, Grand Anglo-Francis Tricolore, Francais Blanc et Orange, Grand Anglo-Francais Blanc et Noir, Beauceron, Grand Gascon Saintongeois, Miniature Pinscher, Dachshund, Westphalian Dachsbracke, German Hound, German Pinscher, German Short Haired Pointer, Hanoverian Hound, Boxer. Weimaraner, Doberman, Great Dane, Austrian Short Haired Pinscher, Alpine Dachsbracke, Tryolean Hound, Styrian Coarse Haired Hound, Austrian Black and Tan Hound, Small Swiss Hound, Swiss Hound, Spanish Hound, Canarian Warren Hound, Majorca Mastiff, Ibizan Hound, Spanish Greyhound, Majorca Shepherd Dog, Portuguese Podengo, Castro Laboreiro Dog, Portuguese Pointer, Cirneco Dell'etna, Segugio Italiano, Bracco Italiano, Cane Corso, Pharaoh Hound, Posavaz Hound, Istrian Short-Haired Hound, Dalmation, Serbian Hound, Serbian Tricolour Hound, Italian greyhound, Hellenic Hound, Slovakian Hound, Polish greyhound, Transylvanian Hound, Hungarian GreyhoundAfrican Dogs include Saluki, Basenji, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Perro De Presa Canario, Sloughi, Azawakh, South African Boerboel. Asian Dogs include Japanese Terrier, Tosa, Canaan Dog, Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Thai Ridgeback, Chinese Crested, Kishu Ken, Shikoku, Hokkaido, Kai Ken, Australian Dogs include Australian Cattle Dog, KelpieHope this helped Xxx

• Well clearly short haired dogs would be a good choice, but not short nosed dogs like pugs or boxers. I live in a climate similar to yours and I have two shelties and a cavie. We have a summer schedule and a winter schedule. We have outdoor play time in the middle of the night now, and walks are early in the morning and we have a kiddie pool for Gracie, the shelties don't like the pool. I comb the shelties hair every day to keep them cooler. We installed a ceiling fan in our master bathroom where the dogs sometimes sleep. They sleep where they want to, but for some reason like to sleep in the bathroom. We keep fans going in the house with the air conditioner going so it circulates the air and makes it cooler. We just make adjustments to where we live. Every place we have lived had some kind of weather issue, so we trained the dogs when they were puppies to play in the house. We taught them to run and not bump into furniture and break things. Every game they play outside, they can play inside. I think most dogs can adapt to climate, but a lot has to do with the owners. My nasty neighbors have their dogs out all day and night in this heat with no shade in their back yard. Their dogs spend the entire day in igloo dog houses with no play time and no toys and no walks. I think a lot of people in your area own chi's, I guess it also depends on how much land you have for the dog too. I guess the best breed for living in warm climates are the ones pampered by their owners. It might not be the breed of the animal, but the owner that matters there.

• Sighthounds are great in hot weather. Azawakh are from the Sahel desert, Sloughi are from the northern Sahara, Saluki are from the middle east. And there are plenty more too. They like it hot and dry. They melt in rain.