What are dog breeds that have short hairs?

I dont like toy dogs. I am looking for dogs with the same size as akita and chow chow but these dogs are hairy, unfortunately.

I dont like toy dogs. I am looking for dogs with the same size as akita and chow chow but these dogs are hairy, unfortunately....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are dog breeds that have short hairs?...

• What are dog breeds that have short hairs?

What are dog breeds that have short hairs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I dont like toy dogs. I am looking for dogs with the same size as akita and chow chow but these dogs are hairy, unfortunately.

What are dog breeds that have short hairs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • 21-50 lbs American Staffordshire bull terrier, Australian cattle dog, basenji, basset hound, beagle, Eurasier, French bulldog, harrier, pharoah hound, plott hound, shiba inu, Staffordshire bull terrier, whippet and the standard xoloitzcuintli51-80 lbsappenzeller, azawakh, Belgian laekenois, Belgian malinois, black and tan coon hound, boxer, bull terrier, Chesapeake Bay retriever, dalmatian, Doberman pinscher, American foxhound, English foxhound, German short-haired pointer, greyhound, harrier, labrador retriever, vizsla and weimaraner

• It would be easy to jabber off a list of dogs medium-large with short hair. But the 1st thing or most importantly when it comes to selecting a breed is what kind of relationship, such as working, hunting ( German Short hair, Weimerrimer), protection ( Doberman, Rotweiller, Staf. Terrier, Bull Terrier), family with small kids too (Labador, choclate, yellow, blk), bestest loyal friend is mostly a given & included in all relationships , at least on the dogs part. But some breeds and then individuals need that constant closeness. Some breeds do much better than other when it comes to children as well as training. Also, how much time do you plan to spend, or how often or long will dog be left at home, or go everywhere.> certain breeds such as whippet and Greyhound do NOT do well in cold weather, need sweaters, but all should live inside at least during cold winter time.> BEST THING IN SEEING BREEDS and Possibilites is to BUY or at least check out book from Library, Some books offer better details on personality while other books go more into history. Some are great giving details on temperment and needed exercise and training, NOT TO Mention , it is a good idea to know health issues and amount of food daily, Such as Great Danes, make one of the greatest choices with children, size alone makes you feel safe, and Mastiffs- Very large dogs, but females are way smaller than males- EAT LOTS of FOOD>>> In addition to searching thru book, especially if interested in more rare breeds and seeing breeds side by side, >> Go down to local shelter, You may have pre set ideals about looks or such , BUT Utlimately there should be NO ONE telling you what dog, breed or color to get, THERE SHOULD JUST BE LIKE AN INSTANT CONNECTION, maybe even a few, LOL!! Best to search based on JUST KNOWING WHENEVER YOU FIND IT, OR when she/he chooses you. >> Seek ? search Google> Animal Planet, Dogs 101>>> Every episode covers a selection of breeds, includes details from health issues to overall personality, difficulty in training, grooming needs, and even offers interviews with often celebrity owners or show dogs, etc. Even offers a summary of all breeds at end of episode.