What is the best dog food for a rottweiler puppy?

Finding the right dog food is indeed a concern for all pet owners, as much of the dog food available on store shelves, as you may already know, is not good for dogs, in fact, most of it is harmful.I discovered this a few years back when dateline did a…

Finding the right dog food is indeed a concern for all pet owners, as much of the dog food available on store shelves, as you may already know, is not good for dogs, in fact, most of it is harmful.I discovered this a few years back when dateline did a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best dog food for a rottweiler puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best dog food for a rottweiler puppy?

What is the best dog food for a rottweiler puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      Finding the right dog food is indeed a concern for all pet owners, as much of the dog food available on store shelves, as you may already know, is not good for dogs, in fact, most of it is harmful.I discovered this a few years back when dateline did a special on it and interviewed Andrew Lewis, who is a leading expert and opponent of mass produced dog food on the market. He is also the author of an excellent book which I purchased called "Dog Food Secrets" which details the poor quality of dog food, how it literally kills dogs slowly, because they cannot handle the ingredients(preservatives and other chemicals) present in dog food today. He describes how his beagle, Noble, died at only 4 years old(had to be put down) from contracting kidney failure from commercial dog food.It also includes easy recipes for homemade halthy dog food which your dog will go crazy over(I wouldn't try it, but my Maltese(Bobo) seems to love it).I thoroghly recommend this product to every dog owner, as it is extremely detailed and documented – AND it is dedicated to breeds too – so, it talks to the specific needs of most popular breeds.You also get 60 dog food recipes, and a bunch of other stuff not advertised, such as a list of recommended dog food companies if you dont want to make it yourself, and much more. The whole package used to be $57(it was when I bought it), but he is only selling it for $27 on sale right now. It is well worth the investment I put into it, being cheaper than any vet bill I had to pay, and you save a lot of money in the long run. Plus, there is a 60 day guarantee, so that means you only part with like $0.90 cents a day, just to try it out.The bottom line is, I purchased it because I don't wanna hurt my little friend, nor do I want to see him leave me early. I would feel terrible knowing I fed him the wrong things. It comes down to a choice, Do you love your dog enough to stop feeding him things which cause a slow death, or add 6-8 years to his lifespan by feeding him/her the proper nutrition that the dog needs? The link to see this ebook is in the resource box, as well as a video about it.

What is the best dog food for a rottweiler puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Be very careful with what you feed your dog.  Commercial dog foods are the cause of up to 87% of deaths in dogs.  Make sure you do your research very carefully and educate yourself as to what is in each brand.  Go to www.realdogfoodcomparisons.com for more information.  This will give you a good start to the research process! 

• The key here is that which ultimately determines the quality of our food is our dog or cat. A healthy animal, with cheerful eyes, skin and hair healthy and shiny is THE goal.You can read more about that is the article I used as source, including amino acid and vitamins issues

• Donate the Science diet crap to the shelter and get a good dog foodhttp://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredientsI have always used Flint River, my guys have shiny coats, small stools and are very healthy.But there are many great foods, you won't find them in grocery storesadding add some Omega 3 oil to her food also

• Solid Gold ''Wolf King" or "Barking at the Moon." The second one is what I feed one of my dog's...it has salmon oil which is great for a healthy coat and it is great for their eyes and heart. The first is also a great food and is for a bigger dog. You can find it at your local Petco.

• find a good quality large breed puppy food. science diet (IMHO) is grocery store fare and not up to my standards. a specific meat (chicken, lamb, etc) should be the first ingredient. some people swear by fish oil caplets or fish in the food to help with a dull coat. (my gsd's are allergic) you can find organics at petsmart or at 'boutique' pet stores. be prepared to spend some money.

• Science diet is crap, no wonder she doesn't like it. I feed Taste of the Wild it's an all life stages formula that I feed my two large breed dogs. Their coats are incredibly shiny and both have a lot of energy.All the food you get in PetsMart is low quality garbage. Find a pet boutique that sells high quality food and shop there. For what it costs you for Science Diet garbage it'll cost you for Taste of the Wild.

• I use Eagle Pack Holistic for Large and Giant breeds for my mastiffs. It gives them a shiny coat, they all have good muscle tone, and the puppy food is specially formulated ofr large breed pups so it doesn't have too much protein.

• I have a 4 month old German rottweiler puppy who has a very dull coat and is not very energetic. I want to switch to an organic/natural dog food but I also want it to be for large breeds (to keep up with her growth). Help! I do not know what to get! I have been feeding Science Diet Large Breed Lamb and Rice, but she doesn't like it and it hasn't helped with the coat. Am at my wits end.

• Check out this site - look for a food with at least 5 stars: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com. Just remember to make the switch gradually or your could upset your dog's digestive system.