What is the best type of dog food to feed a pitbull puppy?

Perhaps you are not feeding him enough. Puppies do eat a lot and need to be fed 3-4 times a day water available at all times. Have you had him to the vets for a well check and to get his vaccines started. That is really important since Parvo is an…

Perhaps you are not feeding him enough. Puppies do eat a lot and need to be fed 3-4 times a day water available at all times. Have you had him to the vets for a well check and to get his vaccines started. That is really important since Parvo is an…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best type of dog food to feed a pitbull puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best type of dog food to feed a pitbull puppy?

What is the best type of dog food to feed a pitbull puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      Perhaps you are not feeding him enough. Puppies do eat a lot and need to be fed 3-4 times a day water available at all times. Have you had him to the vets for a well check and to get his vaccines started. That is really important since Parvo is an issue lately. Ask the vet how much you should be feeding. Puppy chow is okay, you might want to go to a higher quality food in the future. If you do change foods be sure to do it gradually so as not to upset his tummy.

What is the best type of dog food to feed a pitbull puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I feed my dogs dog chow because everything else made them lose weight so I would continue feeding him puppy chow and increase his food I feed my dogs 3 times aday because they are so active and being 9 to 10 weeks old I bet that he is as for being skinny I would give him so dewormer meds all pups get worms from there mom's milk and it could have been he is the runt the runt is always smaller then the other pups so I would feed him least 3 times aday then when he starts to gain cut it down to 2

• Things to avoid:By-products,corn,wheat,soy,grain and anything labeled meat meal,if a dog food brand cant tell you the exact source of meat thats in the food than pass on that food,meat meal could mean anything and it has been heavily rumored that meat meal contains euthanized livestock and even pets.I like a food that has antioxidants in it(like Blue Buffalo) and one that clearly states what is in the food.This is a list of food I consider to be healthy and of good quality. Orijen Acana Wellness Taste of the Wild Natural Balance Innova Simply Nourish

• I just got a pitbull puppy and it is 9 to 10 weeks old. It seems pretty small and i dont think i am feeding it the right food. The owner before me that had the puppies was keeping it on puppy chow, so i thought i would keep it on it, but it is kinda skinny. I saw one of the brother to it and it is alot bigger hight wise and in muscle tone. Also how much should i feed a pitbull puppy a day?