How to get rid of the rashes and scabs my pitbull has?

It could definitely be a food allergy, try putting him back on orig. food.Benadryl can be useful in providing some comfort.Pit bulls are also succeptible to demodectic mange, caused by demodex mites.If it's quite severe, take your dog to the vet…

It could definitely be a food allergy, try putting him back on orig. food.Benadryl can be useful in providing some comfort.Pit bulls are also succeptible to demodectic mange, caused by demodex mites.If it's quite severe, take your dog to the vet…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get rid of the rashes and scabs my pitbull has?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get rid of the rashes and scabs my pitbull has?

How to get rid of the rashes and scabs my pitbull has? Dog Breed Discussions
      It could definitely be a food allergy, try putting him back on orig. food.Benadryl can be useful in providing some comfort.Pit bulls are also succeptible to demodectic mange, caused by demodex mites.If it's quite severe, take your dog to the vet immediately. If it's just mild, try switching back to orig food, maybe wash your dog w/an oatmeal bath, and use benadryl pills or topical ointment [try to make sure they don't lick cream off if you use it--- dogs LOVE creams and lotions!]Best of luck.

How to get rid of the rashes and scabs my pitbull has? Dog Breed Discussions
    • What color the BYBd mutt is is immaterial. Needs correct DIAGNOSIS & proper treatment by a vet.NOT random strangers online=we CAN'T reach through the monitor & bop it w/a magic wand!

• When you switched his food, did you mix the food together for a week or just take out the old and dump a bowl of new food in his face? If you didn't mix them for at least a week, then he could be reacting to it.If you did mix it, he could possibly have mites or an allergic reaction to something. Give him a bath with oatmeal or oatmeal-based shampoo, and if it doesn't help within the next 48hrs. he needs to see a vet for adequate treatment.EDIT: To those of you complaining about the blue nose part, Blue/Red nose refers to a group of color. Pit Bulls can be classified as either Blue Nose, or Red Nose depending on the color of their nose and coat.A Blue nose can be any dark color, such as blue/gray, black, darker brindle, etc. and can also be white or fawn. Blue nose Pit Bulls typically have black noses, or sometimes gray noses, which is the basic guide to tell what color group your dog would be in.A Red Nose can be any light color, but is typically a red color. Fawn, red, lighter brindle, etc. are typically classified as Red Noses, and they can be white as well. Their noses are typically reddish or pink. For example, here are pictures.Red Nose: http://americanpitbull.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/american_pit_bull_terrier_sm2.jpgBlue Nose: http://www.atlkingpits.com/assets/images/autogen/a_slash.jpg

• I have a blue nose pitbull. It started to get rashes and scabs couple days ago and it is not pretty. I think his whole body itches too. I thought he probably got some stuff from the park or something so I gave him a bath and it didn't seem to help but got worst. We did just move into a new place and changed his food, do you think it has anything to do with that? I don't want to take him to the vet unless I absuloutly have to.I am so desperate.

• The colour of your dog's nose is irrelevant.Would you refrain from going to the doctor if your body was covered in rashes and scabs and was extremely itchy? Probably not.The dog needs a vet. If you are that concerned, call first and ask what the vet thinks. A call is free. I'm sure they will tell you to bring the dog in.