How do I get better registration papers for my Rottweiler?

I got my 4 month old Rottweiler from my sister,and I saw the papers for the great-grandparents,so I know that he's full blooded.But for one reason or another they stop registering the puppies.Then when they started again they decided to use CKC.I've…

I got my 4 month old Rottweiler from my sister,and I saw the papers for the great-grandparents,so I know that he's full blooded.But for one reason or another they stop registering the puppies.Then when they started again they decided to use CKC.I've…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I get better registration papers for my Rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get better registration papers for my Rottweiler?

How do I get better registration papers for my Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      I got my 4 month old Rottweiler from my sister,and I saw the papers for the great-grandparents,so I know that he's full blooded.But for one reason or another they stop registering the puppies.Then when they started again they decided to use CKC.I've contacted AKC and told them what was going on and that both his parents are CKC registered.They told me that I couldn't register him through ACK OR CKC (Canadian Kennel Club).I was told by a friend of my sisters that there is a way.Is this true and how?

How do I get better registration papers for my Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Unless the parents were both registered and the litter was registered with AKC then you cannot register him.BUT you can get an ILP number from the AKC to compete in Obedience, Rally or other performance events. Just not Conformation.CKC can mean Canadian (as you know) or Continental. Most show people avoid anything to do with Continental as it tends to be a puppy mill registry, same with APR and other fake registries.If his parents are Canadian Kennel Club registered that may be different, you may have a way to AKC register, but I doubt it. Continental KC will let anyone register a dog just by saying it is purebred. AKC registration would only be important if you wanted to show or breed. And with so many Rotts being bred, it's not like they are endangered.