How do i tell the difference if my dog is a full breed PITBULL?

Though I used to have a different breed, here's what I know about Pit Bull,http://dogtime.com/american-pit-bull-terrier.htmlHope it helps!

Though I used to have a different breed, here's what I know about Pit Bull,http://dogtime.com/american-pit-bull-terrier.htmlHope it helps!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i tell the difference if my dog is a full breed PITBULL?...

• How do i tell the difference if my dog is a full breed PITBULL?

How do i tell the difference if my dog is a full breed PITBULL? Dog Breed Discussions
      Though I used to have a different breed, here's what I know about Pit Bull,http://dogtime.com/american-pit-bull-terrier.htmlHope it helps!

How do i tell the difference if my dog is a full breed PITBULL? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You will never know for sure if you don't have the registration papers. The only other way to find out is a DNA test. Did you see the parents? If the pups aren't registered, then you need to see the parents to make sure they are at least what the breeders are telling you they are. People will say anything these days. You could look into DNA testing. That's the only way. GL

• Yes there are different varieties like Bull terrier,english bull terrier,English staffordishire bull terrier and american staffordshire bull terrier.No Country except the USA and that is the UKC NOT the AKC which is the main governing body recognizes the pit bull as a pure breed what ever it looks like and you cannot get registration papers for them. If it is any of the above besides the pit bull and we cannot tell without photos and you have no papers to say y our pet is a pedigreed dog than most likely is is not.Yes to YOU or Us if we could see a picture we might be able to indicate which it isHave a look at the AKC website and compare the bull terriers mentioned above and see if your dog is like any of them. It is very easy to confuse the American Staffordshire b ull terrier and the pit bull which is NOT a breed as such no matter how many arguments people wish to present as far as l know no Country bar the US UKC recognizes pit bulls at all as a breed. By the way does it really matter as you can still do Obedience or Agility or just have a nice pet unless you have paid huge big bucks and are worried you have been scammed

• unless she's got papers, chances are she's not a purebred pit.she's probably a bully breed mix.don't worry about it too much...all the breeds that are considered to be pitbulls are closely related, and very hard to distinguish between.

• Unless you have papers with the canine council you can never be sure if your dog is purebred. Here is a picture of a Bull Terrier http://www.bullyview.com/tommy.jpgAnd a Pit bull http://chattahbox.com/images/2009/01/pitbull.jpgA pit bull looks exactly like an Am Staff though so you still can not be sure it is a Pit bull by looks.

• Were you given UKC papers on the dog? (AKC does not accept the APBT) There are many bully breeds, without any documentation, there is no way to tell what your dog's lineage is.AM: An APBT is not a Staffordshire Terrier. The APBT is accepted by the UKC and shown in conformation. Those who strive to improve the breed would take umbrage at anyone who would lump all bully breeds together as one breed, as there are distinct differences between them. And yes, the American bully is an abomination. On that point we most certainly agree :)Add again:I think overall, we agree... Chances of the OP's dog being a purebred APBT are slim, considering how overbred they are, etc. But since he said American Pit Bull, I took that to mean APBT. When given only an ounce of information, thats what we have to go with.

• Does she have papers from a reputable kennel club (AKC, or UKC)? If not then there's no way to tell for sure (and really your going to be responsible and get her fixed anyways so it shouldn't matter in the end right?)As I mentioned in your last question as well a "Pitbull" can refer to a couple different breeds and mixes. With a picture someone here will likely be able to tell you which kind of Pit, but without papers there's still no 100%.Add:AKC does accept Staffys which are covered under the term "Pitbull""Pitbull" generally includes American Pit Bull Terriers, the "American Bully" (not a real breed), Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and the American Staffordshire Terrier among others.Add:Swashbuckler Amerz:User said "American Pitbull" which could mean anything honestly (google it and look how many dogs that are not APBTs come up)And yup American Pitbull Terriers are gorgeous- Those short and wide dogs people are calling Pitbulls? Not so much.Add:Yup without UKC papers it's likely not- But then again even those aren't worth much now days (go look at the Razor Edge lines)

• the owner i got her from said she was a full bread american pitbull but i also heard there are bull terriers and other kinds how can i tell the difference PLEASE help if you know anything?

• full-BRED (not bread). As for your question, unless she has papers, there's no way to tell for sure. But why would it matter anyways? You should love her for her personality, not because she's possibly purebred.