Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed?

How old are you....you are I'm guesing by the maturity of the question, about 11 or 12 yo.....No, the police K9 would not run...they are extremely well trained, fearless dogs. I should know, my cuz's husband had one (he's a cop, btw) That GSD was…

Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed?

How old are you....you are I'm guesing by the maturity of the question, about 11 or 12 yo.....No, the police K9 would not run...they are extremely well trained, fearless dogs. I should know, my cuz's husband had one (he's a cop, btw) That GSD was…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed?

Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed? Dog Breed Discussions
      How old are you....you are I'm guesing by the maturity of the question, about 11 or 12 yo.....No, the police K9 would not run...they are extremely well trained, fearless dogs. I should know, my cuz's husband had one (he's a cop, btw) That GSD was amazing.There are quite a few breeds out there stronger as far as brute strength is concerned than a pit bull.

Is it true that other dogs are scared of pitbulls and that a pitbull is the strongest dog breed? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No, not true. Maybe you're confusing the strength of bite with the strength of the dog. Tthe Pit bite strength is up there and could be the strongest, but I'm not certain of that...one of the reasons Police use the Malinois and Shepherd - besides smarts and trainability, they have an incredible bite strength that will pull you down to your knees no matter how big you are! Don't underestimate the Wolf Hounds either just because they look less fierce than a Pit...they take on wild wolves who kill to live for Pete's sake! I wouldn't think a Pit could do much damage to a wolf unless it got the first lucky bite to the throat. Pits are a mixture of several breeds that were put together to come up with a solid pit fighting dog (why the name) by people who had more time than sense back in the day. It's a sick mind that wants to do this with dogs, but the truth is that unless that Pit gets a well aimed first bite, there are several dogs that could easily take it, but all too large to travel with as easily "underground" to fights since pit fighting is (and should be) illegal. You've also gotta define what you mean by strength...a Pit could never pull several hundred pounds of cargo over an icy tundra the way a Malamute or Husky would, or hundreds of pounds of wagon cargo the way any drafting breed could - he's just not strong enough or built for that. Newfoundlands jump out of airplanes and helicopters into the open icy Sea to rescue boats and people by swimming and pulling them through the current to shore or to another rescue vehicle...no Pit would ever have the strength or durability for something that heroic!I had an Akita years ago that would blow your mind for both strength, intelligence and intimidation (and pure beauty)...most dogs communicate with body language and verbal cues, but Akita's do so with their eyes...he sent many dogs packing just by turning to look at them and once while we were out walking two lose and out of control Rotts trolling the neighborhood looking for trouble came running up behind us, my Akita turned around and I don't know what he said but I swear to you both Rotts turned tail and cried all the way home without a single bite...if you ask me, THAT'S strength!!!BUT, these dogs are all difficult to handle and should only ever be handled by people with a lot of dog experience, otherwise, they can be dangerous to own. Don't get impressed with the wrong traits in the face of idiots in a testosterone match...they usually don't know what they're talking about! And I only named a few breeds, but the list goes on for sure...a Tosa Inu would eat a Pitbull for breakfast and use his wiskers as toothpicks after!!! It's simply a small mind with insufficient knowledge who makes such ignorant claims. KNOWLEGE is power and strength!

• No and no.They are not the strongest breed, nor the largest. Dogs don't understand breeds. A K9 dog would not register the dog as a "pitbull" just another dog.You need to let your little obsession with pit bulls being aggressive go. Yes, the breed was bred to be dog aggressive, but friendly to humans. A well trained and socialized pit will not be aggressive at all.

• No and No.Pitbulls are very human friendly. They are only dog aggressive if they are trained or bred that way or if they have not been socialized properly. A police K9 will not run away from any situation or animal.Pitbulls are a strong breed but there are many other breeds that are just as strong or stronger. Mastiffs, other bulldogs, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, etc. Just to name a few. I have 2 Labrador Retrievers that have met pitbulls and have no problem with them and will stand up to one if it shows aggression.

• Pit-bulls arent the strongest dog breed and im sure that other breeds could take a pit-bull down i saw a Chow Chow do it. Also on Dogs101 the segment on Rottweilers said that they have a stronger bite than the pitbull not to mention they are much bigger than them too.My Cairn Terrier tried to step to a pit once but luckily she is all bark and no bite.

• Saying "pit bull" is like saying "hound dog". There are many different dogs that fall into the "pit bull" category. Other dogs are not frightened of pit bull type dogs, especially police K9s. These dogs are highly trained and very confident in their abilities. Some pit bulls are police K9s anyways.I don't believe pit bulls are THE strongest breeds, but they are amoung them.

• There is one kind of pit bull, a good breed. Just some people choose to turn this breed into something dangerous. There are nice pits and and others to be aware of. I doubt it because they are trained to look at danger

• What is your gd hangup with APBTs and how strong they are? At least have the brain power to refer to the breed properly. It's not PITBULL its American Pit Bull Terrier. Four words not one or APBTAnd to answer your questions no and no. How could APBTs be the strongest breed when they aren't even close to being the biggest and heaviest? They can't lock their jaws, no breed can. They have the SAME level of tenacity as any other terrier.

• not necessarily. my german shepherd has beaten one up before.same with my friends Rottweilerever heard of Schutzhund? a guy is supposed to shoot guns into the air to see if a k9 is scaredi dont think that a k9 would be scared of a pitbull