How much should I be feeding my pitbull puppy?

I have a pitbull/lab mix puppy. She is 3 months old and weighs 20 pounds. Right now we are feeding her 3/4 cup two times a day. But anytime after she eats she wants more. She thinks we have more so she bites us. Its getting to the point where she is…

I have a pitbull/lab mix puppy. She is 3 months old and weighs 20 pounds. Right now we are feeding her 3/4 cup two times a day. But anytime after she eats she wants more. She thinks we have more so she bites us. Its getting to the point where she is…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much should I be feeding my pitbull puppy?...

• How much should I be feeding my pitbull puppy?

How much should I be feeding my pitbull puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a pitbull/lab mix puppy. She is 3 months old and weighs 20 pounds. Right now we are feeding her 3/4 cup two times a day. But anytime after she eats she wants more. She thinks we have more so she bites us. Its getting to the point where she is making us bleed! Please help!

How much should I be feeding my pitbull puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I will keep feeding it until she is no longer hungry. The amount of food needed can be very different because of puppy's life style. She is the one that knows best how much her body needs. Simply leave plenty of food and water for her to eat whenever she feels like it.( list your puppy for adoption http://www.digi-go.com/reehome/ )

• It really all depends on the type of food that you are giving her. Different foods have different ingredients. Some food you would have to either feed more at a sitting or another you might have to feed more times a day to keep the dog satisfied. I give my pits (but they are full grown and weight around 50 pounds) 5 1/5 cups a day. I would try giving the dog a little more and see if she eats it all and if she does continue to increase the amount until you feel that she is getting full. I really think that you may not be giving her enough. For the biting I would punish her before giving her anymore because if you give her more food as soon as she bites you she will think that is how she is suppose to behave to get more food. That will enforce her bad behaviour. These dogs are smart and she will put the two together.

• That sounds a little low, but then I can't feel her ribs. You can. Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, http://www.longliveyourdog.com/twoplus/RateYourDog.aspx