How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother?

Our Blue Pitbull had puppies yesterday. A few hours after whelping, we let the father in to my parents' room (which is where the blue pit had her pups), and the mother immediately stood up, left the babies behind, and snapped at him.How long will we have…

How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother?

Our Blue Pitbull had puppies yesterday. A few hours after whelping, we let the father in to my parents' room (which is where the blue pit had her pups), and the mother immediately stood up, left the babies behind, and snapped at him.How long will we have…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother?...

• How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother?

How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother? Dog Breed Discussions
      Our Blue Pitbull had puppies yesterday. A few hours after whelping, we let the father in to my parents' room (which is where the blue pit had her pups), and the mother immediately stood up, left the babies behind, and snapped at him.How long will we have to wait before we can let them be in the same room together?

How long must I wait after whelping before I can let our male pitbull near the mother? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Don't put them in the same room together. Chances are she won't stop doing this until the puppies go to new homes. If you make the mistake of leaving them together both of them (and the puppies) could get seriously injured.