Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist?

I have a 90 pound pitbull and she absolutely hates Black people, except my neighbor whom she likes. A Black person comes to the door, and the dog totally flips out. This doesn't happen with other folks, just Black folks. My mailman is Asian, not a…

Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist?

I have a 90 pound pitbull and she absolutely hates Black people, except my neighbor whom she likes. A Black person comes to the door, and the dog totally flips out. This doesn't happen with other folks, just Black folks. My mailman is Asian, not a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist?...

• Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist?

Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 90 pound pitbull and she absolutely hates Black people, except my neighbor whom she likes. A Black person comes to the door, and the dog totally flips out. This doesn't happen with other folks, just Black folks. My mailman is Asian, not a problem. Sometimes some Mexican landscaping people come and want to mow the lawn, not a problem. But if a Black person shows up, it's nothing but teeth from her.

Why does my Pitbull hate Black people, with the exception of my Black neighbor? Is my dog racist? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No dogs aren't racist.Dogs can just exclude or show aggression towards a certain person that looks a certain way because they have had a bad experience with that person, but this can be fixed once the dog is socilized.Dogs that have been abused by women tend to be aggressive towards women. Dogs who were abused by men tend to be aggressive towards me. Also, if a white person was an abuser of a dog that dog will associate all people that LOOK like the person who abused it as their ABUSER and dislike. This doesn't mean the dog is racist, this dog just has a bad association of someone with light skin or a white person.Training and socialization could help your dogs temperament. Your dog needs training.

• A friend of mine had the same situation. The dog he had was a 130 Lb black lab mix.When he moved to a new house, The neighbors there were Black. The dog accepted them, possibly because their scent was in the area and the dog knew they belonged there. Others were not sowell tolerated.

• Maybe she was abused by black people before you got her. If an animal is abused by a type of person, like a certain ethnicity or gender, then that animal often becomes fearful of all people like that. She probably knows your neighbor well enough to know that the neighbor won't hurt her.