Is it safe to introduce a ball python to a baby pitbull?

I have 4 cats, a full grown pitbull, and a baby pitbull, and have just bought a ball python. Is it safe to introduce my pythoin to all these animals?? Or should they always be kept seperate? The python is only about 3.5 feet long when its fully extended!…

I have 4 cats, a full grown pitbull, and a baby pitbull, and have just bought a ball python. Is it safe to introduce my pythoin to all these animals?? Or should they always be kept seperate? The python is only about 3.5 feet long when its fully extended!…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it safe to introduce a ball python to a baby pitbull?...

• Is it safe to introduce a ball python to a baby pitbull?

Is it safe to introduce a ball python to a baby pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have 4 cats, a full grown pitbull, and a baby pitbull, and have just bought a ball python. Is it safe to introduce my pythoin to all these animals?? Or should they always be kept seperate? The python is only about 3.5 feet long when its fully extended! And has never bitten anything larger than itself.

Is it safe to introduce a ball python to a baby pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
    • O.K. If you are really serious about introducing the ball python to your other animals, get an animal gate. It has to touch the floor so that neither animal can pass limits. Slowly attempt to get them acquainted. If it doesn't work and they choose to be separate, that is fine.

• Not exactly sure why you would want to introduce them but I would say no for fear that the snake, dogs or cats might freak out and someone might get hurt. I have a ball python, bulldog and cat and unless I am holding the python, she is seperate from the others.

• i must agree with the two answers above, i don't see why would you unless you want your pet snake to get attacked and by no means dogs and cats are natural predators of snakes and a lot of other small animals and such especially "cats" but ask yourself this "are my pets used to being around other animals?" whether they'd be big or small, other species (i.e. reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, small mammals, fish), etc. but would i would tell you is don't introduce them all at once if you know what i mean, too much animals, would just cause too much stress for your snake, have the snake in it's terrarium/vivarium and set it on the floor in a "specific" room and then have "one" of your pets just "one" check out the snake in it's "enclosure" and observe it, then take that animal out the room and bring on the next animal, keep on doing this for a couple of weeks until' you and your pets got the hang of it, but remember just one animal at a time, then when your ready to have them all in the same room together then "bring em' on in!" but make sure that all the animals are fine with the snake, and this always has to be under your "supervision" remember that if you think your pets are fine with the snake then begin to take him out of the enclosure but "handle him" or he will flee out of fear and continue this process with just "one" animal at time while the snakes out and let them smell each another then bring em' all in but make sure the snake is calm and comfortable, also make sure you're there to "supervise" them, remember reptiles, mostly snakes and lizards see you as they're "protector" just like dogs do and see you as their "pack leader" so if the snake is scared, he's waiting for you to make the situation right and make him feel safe and comfortable do this routine for a couple of weeks until' they're use to each other, and thanks for your question.