are bones good for a pitbull ? and when should he start eating it?

i got two pitbull dogsmale = 11 monthsfemale=4 monthsmy question is are bones good for them ? and can i fed my female dog bones ?

i got two pitbull dogsmale = 11 monthsfemale=4 monthsmy question is are bones good for them ? and can i fed my female dog bones ?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : are bones good for a pitbull ? and when should he start eating it?...

• are bones good for a pitbull ? and when should he start eating it?

are bones good for a pitbull ? and when should he start eating it? Dog Breed Discussions
      i got two pitbull dogsmale = 11 monthsfemale=4 monthsmy question is are bones good for them ? and can i fed my female dog bones ?

are bones good for a pitbull ? and when should he start eating it? Dog Breed Discussions
    • generally no because they can chomp the bone into tiny pieces which could choke them or tear the inside of their throats due to the bone splinters. if you want your dogs to chew on something, get a nylabone. it's much safer.

• What kind of bones do you mean? Do you mean bones like, chicken bones and pork bones?If so, then no. Bones could easily scratch or get stuck in a dog's throat, causing a bad infection.A friend of mine fed a piece of steak to her dog. She didn't know there was a piece of bone in there, but there was. The bone got stuck in the dog's gums, causing an infection, fever, and eventually death since the symptoms weren't obvious until it was too late.Please don't risk it.

• Raw bones are safe, will not splinter and properly sized will not cause choking. Raw bones are superior to any manufactured "bone" such as rawhide (often bleached, choking hazard) or nylabones (small pieces break off and are ingested) when it comes to keeping teeth clean and healthy. Cooked bones are dangerous and need to be avoided.

• The flavoured bones and milk bones you get in pet shops are perfectly safe. For your younger female, the softer milk bones are better choices and give her other chewy toys too as this is her teething time. Hard bones might hurt her teeth. The raw hide bones and flavoured ones are great treats and keep the dogs busy and happy too. Also, they don't make a mess and the dogs love em! Raw bones, from food SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN to any dog, whatever age, gender or breed. Bones can splinter and pierce the thin lining of their throat or stomach causing painful death.

• NO! you should never give bones to a dog as it could cause your dogs serious problems, also it can make the bone bound you should give them rawhide to chew on, as it is safe for them to have or as the other contributor said nyrabone (it is a hard plastic that is safe for dogs to chew on and if anything do come off it it will only be the size of a grain of rice and wont harm your dog in any way). I used to give my dog bones to eat and it caused him to bleed when he went to the toilette and when I went to the vet he told me not to give bones to any dog because of the problems they cause. I hope this helps you.