How many puppies will my pitbull have ?

My pitbull is 2 years & this is her first batch of puppies , she ways 55lbs & he ways from 75 - 100 lbs . Shes pitbull terrior , & hes american pitbull . Since shes never had puppies before how many do you think she will have ? Dont answer if your gonna…

My pitbull is 2 years & this is her first batch of puppies , she ways 55lbs & he ways from 75 - 100 lbs . Shes pitbull terrior , & hes american pitbull . Since shes never had puppies before how many do you think she will have ? Dont answer if your gonna…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How many puppies will my pitbull have ?...

• How many puppies will my pitbull have ?

How many puppies will my pitbull have ? Dog Breed Discussions
      My pitbull is 2 years & this is her first batch of puppies , she ways 55lbs & he ways from 75 - 100 lbs . Shes pitbull terrior , & hes american pitbull . Since shes never had puppies before how many do you think she will have ? Dont answer if your gonna be rude . All the puppies are going to good homes .

How many puppies will my pitbull have ? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Usually the first litter is always the smallest. She is 2 which gives you hope for a nice healthy litter. Some people breed way too early and they end up with health problems and small litters. Your doing it at a great age so I am guessing 4 - 6

• However many eggs were released, fertilized and carried to term. Nobody has a crystal ball, but I hope you have some money set aside for a c-section. The chances are she'll need one if you don't have her spayed/aborted. He is much larger than her and she may not be able to whelp them naturally.

• None b/c you're going to spay her now right? Especially since you used the word "batch" to describe her litter. This just tells me that she is destined to be a puppy factory giving the world more unwanted APBTs. Sorry, that's rude, I know, but true.

• Hopefully none. The only Pit Bull is the American Pit Bull Terrier...one breed!http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanPitBullTerrierRevisedNovember12008No reason these dogs should have been bred.Especially the way out of standard,mutt sire.Read up:http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.htmlhttp://www.pbrc.net/breeding2.htmlhttp://www.pbrc.net/breeding3.html

• With out sounding rude, what is the difference between a Pit Bull Terrier and a American Pit Bull. Aren't the both just mutts any how.And I sure hope you have some money put aside for the c-section she is going to need.She was bred to a dog twice her size.And she may have 10 or more puppies if she survives.

• And yet, I'm still going to answer. He was larger than her I hope she doesn't die from trying to carry those giant guys around. The dog should have an emergency spay/abort but you'll probably ignore that advice and continue to risk her health and the health of the puppies. The only way you can tell is to have the vet do a sonogram or radiograph and count how many heads there are. The bitch should be going in for regular check-ups anyway.Just do a once great breed a favor and have her spayed. AND you can't even spell the breed name right. Its AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER.

• Hurry and spay her now! We don't need more puppies that most likely will end up in shelters. Your just adding to ALL of the animals that are in shelters. Please spay her.

• Dogs don't have batches of pups, they have litters. Dogs don't WAY, they WEIGH. It's TERRIER, not TERRIOR. Certainly you had all health and genetic testing done, on both dogs, prior to breeding? How many pups did the ultrasound show? Your vet who is doing the prenatal care would have done the ultrasound half way thru the pregnancy. You do have money put away for an emergency c-section, which runs upwards of $1500.00, which is very likely going to be needed since the dog is so much larger than the bitch. And of course you have money put away for prenatal care, and money put away for after she whelps, as the pups and bitch will all need to be seen by the vet within 24 hours after whelping, for checkups, and the pups will need to have their dewclaws removed at that time. At six weeks of age, the pups will need to be wormed and started on their vaccinations. You will, of course, have a breeder's contract with a spay/neuter clause. There will also be a health and hip guarantee, and a clause that requires the new owners to have the pups seen within 48-72 hours after taking them home, by their vet, and if one should prove to be unhealthy, you will either refund the purchase price, or replace the pup? Your contract will also have a clause requiring a pup to be returned to you, if the owner should have to surrender it for any reason.Oh, and BTW, why would you breed dogs that don't meet the breed standard?Males are 35-60 poundsBitches are 30-50 pounds.Call your vet and arrange an emergency abort/spay and a neuter. People say they are going to take the pups, but once they are born, they change their minds. You are just breeding more shelter fodder. Because of people like you, millions of dogs are euthanized in shelters each year.

• nosaj is right.You don't even know how to describe the breed of your dogs...and your are whelping a litter..? Oh god. YES, and by the way, the term is *litter* NOT "batch". Geez.The sire is way out of the standard for the breed. He is also much larger than the female for expect to spend money on a C-section because she will most likely have problems delivering such large puppies.This is what happens when people like you, who know nothing about the breed or whelping a litter, breed.*Noone is being rude. We have given you facts and the reality of your MISTAKE and IGNORANCE*

• None since she and all the pups will most likely die. The sire was WAY too large, spay her now before you kill her and the pups, if you care enough.

• The only person that can accurately tell is the vet. Go ahead and schedule an ultrasound. As for puppies going to good homes, you'll find many will back out at the last minute. And many of the ones that don't will surrender the pups to shelters at 2 or 3 years old. That's the reality of it. Not being rude, just realistic.

• First: is either dog a ADBA or UKC registered American Pit Bull Terrier that isn't a Razor Edge or Gotti bloodline? If you answer that as a no, than the dog is not a purebred. There is only one breed of pit bull. The American Pit Bull Terrier. Red/blue nose, razor edge, gotti line, those are all american bullies....NOT pit bulls. I'm not being rude, I'm just helping you properly identify your dogs so you aren't misinforming people when you sell them. If they are not registered as purebred, then they are probably bully breed mixes and are the second most common dog found in shelters.That's right, generic pit bull type dogs are second only to the labrador in numbers of unwanted dogs. 17 thousand and rising. Your dogs are not special and have to compete with other poorly bred pit bulls for idiots who will buy them instead of adopting a shelter dog.Second: are you selling the dogs on a spay/neuter contract to make sure they don't add to the numbers? If you aren't I suggest you get the dogs fixed before you sell them.....The last thing we need is more people buying more poorly bred "pit bulls" and getting the bright idea to breed them. I only wish to preserve the REAL pit bulls....Third: If any home who does buy a dog can no longer care for said dog, will you be willing to take the dog back, no matter the age? Will you add that to your contract when you sell it? If not, the dog will end up on death row, just like thousands of other "pit bulls".Fourth: has your dog seen a vet recently to check on her pregnancy? A vet can do an X-ray later in the pregnancy and tell you /approximately/ how many puppies you should expect. This can range from just 6 to 12 puppies...Enjoy dropping about half of the litter off in a shelter because nobody will buy them...and don't expect much money for 8 week old generic pitbull-type dogs.