What is the average price of owning a pitbull?

Okay so what do you have to do to own a pitbull and whats the average cost of fixing it and everything nessacary for a pitbull does anyone know the averange range or price to owning a pitbull?

Okay so what do you have to do to own a pitbull and whats the average cost of fixing it and everything nessacary for a pitbull does anyone know the averange range or price to owning a pitbull?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the average price of owning a pitbull?...

• What is the average price of owning a pitbull?

What is the average price of owning a pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
      Okay so what do you have to do to own a pitbull and whats the average cost of fixing it and everything nessacary for a pitbull does anyone know the averange range or price to owning a pitbull?

What is the average price of owning a pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The same as for a labrador?These dogs aren't more expensive to own - usually. However, some insurance companies require additional home owners insurance coverage and stipulations to include the dog being chained within a fence of a certain height.Just so you know, Pit Bulls are NOT for the first time dog owner. They are intelligent, willful, stubborn and have selective hearing when you want them to do something they don't want to do. These are also very powerful dogs that need firm, consistent discipline 100% of the time. You give them an inch and they will take a mile.

• Pit bulls are AWESOME!! I just lost my Pit of 14 years.If you've never owned a Pit before you need to prepare yourself for ignorant people like the one above who was the first to answer your question. It's that kind of ignorance that has incited hate and abuse toward this powerful dog breed.Before you adopt/purchase a Pit you need to check your local laws concerning the breed. Some cities have a ban on these dogs. You should make sure it's legal to own one inside your city limits. Once you have established this registration should only cost maybe $10 bucks (depends on your region).You should also decide to adopt through a rescue agency as there's a good chance you can find a puppy if you don't wish to rescue an older dog. Rescues can be more challenging but you are saving a life. I was a vet tech for many years and out of all the breeds I found Pits to be the most affectionate and loyal. They are stubborn and can be belligerent so you MUST assume the dominant Alpha position IMMEDIATELY. Once you are recognized as the pack leader then training will be easier. The cost of adopting or purchasing a Pit ranges from $50 to $200. Check out the links below for more info.