Is it possible to breed a dachscund with a pitbull?

I have a female dachschund which is in heat & a male pitbull who sniffs her behind a lot . We've mated him with a female pit before so he knows what to do. He's been trying to mess with dachscund . Could he possibly get her pregnant ?Thanks a lot !. I…

I have a female dachschund which is in heat & a male pitbull who sniffs her behind a lot . We've mated him with a female pit before so he knows what to do. He's been trying to mess with dachscund . Could he possibly get her pregnant ?Thanks a lot !. I…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it possible to breed a dachscund with a pitbull?...

• Is it possible to breed a dachscund with a pitbull?

Is it possible to breed a dachscund with a pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a female dachschund which is in heat & a male pitbull who sniffs her behind a lot . We've mated him with a female pit before so he knows what to do. He's been trying to mess with dachscund . Could he possibly get her pregnant ?Thanks a lot !. I saw pictures of dachschund pitbull mix dogs on Google . But were getting her fixed soon .

Is it possible to breed a dachscund with a pitbull? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If he did she could die the babies would be too big and probably could get her pregnant put one of them in a kennel or in your house or something please it would be so bad if she got pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

• Yes, it's possible. BUT, your female will mostly likely die in labor so sometime during the pregnancy or the puppies will need to be delivered prematurely by c-section(premature puppies usually have many health problems and don't live long). The puppies will be too large for the mother to handle. You need to get one or both of them fixed.

• Yes, he can impregnate her. But due to the large size difference, allowing it would be hazardous to her health- you could lose her and the puppies. They need to be kept entirely separate (two closed doors between) until she is no longer in heat and he is showing no interest. Pain in the rear, yes. But part of the cost of owning intact opposite sex dogs.

• Yes he could BUT it would not be wise. She could end up dying as the pups could be too big for her to carry and birth.Why you would even consider bringing more mutts into the world is beyond me. The shelters are full of them and thousands are killed on a daily basis because homes cannot be found for them.Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution. Spay and neuter your pets!