How do I train my I month old pitbull to stop biting?

My pitbull Mexico is still teething. Unfortunatley, his favorite teething toy is forearms. He doesn't bite hard, or do it agressively. He kinda just knaws. We constantly tell him "no bite", and he'll stop. But a while later, he's at it again. We've…

My pitbull Mexico is still teething. Unfortunatley, his favorite teething toy is forearms. He doesn't bite hard, or do it agressively. He kinda just knaws. We constantly tell him "no bite", and he'll stop. But a while later, he's at it again. We've…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I train my I month old pitbull to stop biting?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I train my I month old pitbull to stop biting?

How do I train my I month old pitbull to stop biting? Dog Breed Discussions
      My pitbull Mexico is still teething. Unfortunatley, his favorite teething toy is forearms. He doesn't bite hard, or do it agressively. He kinda just knaws. We constantly tell him "no bite", and he'll stop. But a while later, he's at it again. We've gotten him so many chew toys, ropes, Kong toys, and bones (not rawhide) to chew on, but he keeps diverting back to trying to nibble on arms. What are we doing wrong? Or how long will this phase last?

How do I train my I month old pitbull to stop biting? Dog Breed Discussions
    • what i did was i screamed really loud when my dog did this to my like i was the mamma dog and then turned away from her like she really hurt me. then he will get the idea that that makes u mad and he will stop. not like a human scream like a screech like a dog. ignore him after u screech for a wile. this should work. also if his gums hurt try plain ice cubes. this will sooth his gums and he will have fun chewing them. also u can get creative. wet one of his ropes with water then freeze it in the freezer then play with him and wiles hes chewing on the rope the coldness or the ice will help his gums. u can do this with an old sock to. tie it in a knot wet it then freeze it. then let him chew away. take away his toys so he will focus on the cold one. good luck

• your puppy is only 4 weeks old? that's far too young for him to be away from his mother. He doesn't want the toys because he is too young. You need to take him to the vet and make sure he is healthy, while your there ask them what you should be doing since he is so young. He still needs his mothers milk so you will probably have to buy special milk for him. He's going to need A LOT of care and attention more than any other puppy since he is so young. You need too read up on dogs before you get one and whoever sold him to you is a horrible breeder because they should of known better that he is far too young. He can have problems developing because of this and you don't want that. Because of your ignorant self he could have problems. Just take him to the vet ASAP. I wish the best for him, no you.

• Pitbulls(:i studie these dogs for 7 years an raised about 6 of them,i exsperianced this situation a lot.. So i hope my avice helps!When a puppy is still in the litter an they bite a sibling to hard, it yelps.. Right!? Right!Ohkay so when he starts biteing make a loud high pitch noise similar to the loud yelp of a puppy, then give him something he is aloud to chew on (chew toy, pull rope, bone, ball, kong, ect). this may take a little effort an persistance (because a pitbull is stubborn) but he will eventually get the point(: