Can Parvovirus affect the gait of a fully recovered dog?

I have an 8 month old female American Mastiff grand dog who is a parvo survivor. When she runs it seems that her "reach" isn't great with her front legs and maybe her rear legs as well. She runs pretty slowly with sort of a rocking horse gait. Is this…

I have an 8 month old female American Mastiff grand dog who is a parvo survivor. When she runs it seems that her "reach" isn't great with her front legs and maybe her rear legs as well. She runs pretty slowly with sort of a rocking horse gait. Is this…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can Parvovirus affect the gait of a fully recovered dog?...

• Can Parvovirus affect the gait of a fully recovered dog?

Can Parvovirus affect the gait of a fully recovered dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an 8 month old female American Mastiff grand dog who is a parvo survivor. When she runs it seems that her "reach" isn't great with her front legs and maybe her rear legs as well. She runs pretty slowly with sort of a rocking horse gait. Is this something which could've been caused by the parvo or is this maybe a trait of the American Mastiff? She is a very healthy, active and beautiful dog post parvo.

Can Parvovirus affect the gait of a fully recovered dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The "American Mastiff" is just a mongrel of English Mastiff, Anatolian Shepherd, and whatever else the disreputable "breed creator" felt like throwing in. They are at least 20 years and major collaborative efforts and a written standard and a legitimate stud book from being a breed.That said, her gait sounds typical of a dog that is just not well put-together, which is quite common in dogs not bred by someone who knows what they are doing with an eye toward functionality. She probably just has crappy angulation. She could also have hip, elbow, shoulder, and knee deformations like dyplasia and luxation, but chances are great that she is just poorly built.

• I certainly think that it is possible... if during her illness she became so malnourished or dehydrated (both affects of Parvo), that it very well could have damaged her neurologically, causing her to have a limp of some sort.Are you sure that she did not injure herself in some way? If you are, I would consult with your vet about a possible neurological scan of some sort. To be sure there is nothing more serious and the problem will not worsen.