I came across a dog breed that I have never heard of before?

It's called a Kurdish Shepherd dog or something and I have seen a few photos and I am confused as to why I cant seem to find any info on them at all, Do they go by a more well known name or something, Has anyone got any info on these

It's called a Kurdish Shepherd dog or something and I have seen a few photos and I am confused as to why I cant seem to find any info on them at all, Do they go by a more well known name or something, Has anyone got any info on these...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I came across a dog breed that I have never heard of before?...

• I came across a dog breed that I have never heard of before?

I came across a dog breed that I have never heard of before? Dog Breed Discussions
      It's called a Kurdish Shepherd dog or something and I have seen a few photos and I am confused as to why I cant seem to find any info on them at all, Do they go by a more well known name or something, Has anyone got any info on these

I came across a dog breed that I have never heard of before? Dog Breed Discussions
    • They're also known as Kurdish Kangal Dogs & they're one of the strongest dogs in the world.People often use them to fight other dogs such as rotties, German Shepards, and pit bulls.Evil, I know.Try checking them on AKC's website? Not sure, I'll look & add on if they're registered.EDIT: They're not registered. I'll look around some more though.

• Kurdish Shepherd DogSometimes referred to as the Kurdish Kangal, this is a very old livestock guardian breed of the Kurds, used to drive and protect their Karakul sheep from wolves, bears and thieves. It is also employed to hunt badgers and other game, as well as to guard the Kurdish settlements. Descended from the Armenian Gampr and other Molossers of Central Asia, the Kurdish Shepherd Dog is believed to be a result of crossing original Kangals and Yoruk Sheepdogs with the Kurdish Greyhound centuries ago. It is similar to the Turkish Kangal Dog, with which it's often confused, but this Kurdish breed is quite a bit lighter and leaner. It should be noted that the Kurds are not the only ones who keep these dogs, many Turkish families own working Marmar Sheepdogs too, although they rarely acknowledge their Kurdish ancestry, due to the long history of conflict between the two nations. The Kurdish Gammal is also one of the progenitors of the modern Anatolian Shepherd Dog, a breed disregarded by many authorities an unpure Western creation. Although the Kurdish Shepherd Dog is relatively unknown and unrecognized, the breed exists in sufficient numbers and is held in high regard by Kurds everywhere. Unlike its closest cousin, the Kangal, this rugged working Molosser isn't as standardized and it comes in a variety of coat types and colours, from shorthaired dogs to those with a full rich coat and even some bearded specimens. Tall, deep-chested and muscular, the Kurdish Dog is a resilient and athletic Molosser. The head is round, with a slightly elongated muzzle and strong jaws. The nose can be black, brown and even red. The ears are usually cropped, but unaltered specimens are common. The tail can be either docked or left in its natural state. The most common colourings have traditionally been white, fawn, brown and black, but today the majority of the dogs are bicoloured. Average height is around 30 inches, although smaller examples exist. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.molosserdogs.com/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=2831This took me all of 1 minute to find online!

• I believe it is one in the same as the Anatolian Shepherd.This may also be the same?http://www.turkishdogs.com/kangal/breeding.htmlWhen I looked up Kurdish, Anatolian and the Kanga name showed up.