How big will my mix puppy be?

We adopted a Great Pyrenees / Anatolian shepherd puppy. He is 12 weeks old and weighs 22 pounds. The dad was the shepherd....how big will this baby get?thanks for all the replies. I dont think he'll be more than 80 pounds because he seems small for a…

We adopted a Great Pyrenees / Anatolian shepherd puppy. He is 12 weeks old and weighs 22 pounds. The dad was the shepherd....how big will this baby get?thanks for all the replies. I dont think he'll be more than 80 pounds because he seems small for a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How big will my mix puppy be?...

• How big will my mix puppy be?

How big will my mix puppy be? Dog Breed Discussions
      We adopted a Great Pyrenees / Anatolian shepherd puppy. He is 12 weeks old and weighs 22 pounds. The dad was the shepherd....how big will this baby get?thanks for all the replies. I dont think he'll be more than 80 pounds because he seems small for a Large breed...but its all good because he is a cutie!

How big will my mix puppy be? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I agree with the 100+ category and I would bet you may be even looking closer to the 120 mark. It doesn't really matter which parent was which breed and both are pretty big dogs. Unfortunately there is no real calculation of how big a mix pup (or any pup for that matter) will get all anyone can do is give an educated guess. Obviously yours will big a big boy, but just how big will be a fun surprise you'll learn over the next year.

• There is no real way to tell, but the best you can do is find out the male standard for each breed (Great Pyrenees males are 100-160lbs, while Anatolian shepherd is 100-150lbs) and guesstimate it will be somewhere between the two standards. Also, I would suggest looking at the parents (if it is possible) for their weight. If they are both on the small side of their breed, expect your dog to be about 100-120lbs. If the parents are both on the large side, expect closer to the 140-160lb mark.

• My female is an Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix (her dad was the Anatolian and her mom was the Pyr). At 7 1/2 weeks she weighed 13lbs and now at 4 1/2 years old she weighs 100lbs and she is just under 28 inches tall. My girl grew really fast for the first 9 months and stopped at about 24 inches and 75lbs. Then the rest she tacked on very slowly between 9 and 18 months. However, I feel I should warn you that she didn't really grow into her adult brain full-time until she was 2 1/2-3.