Which of these dogs would be best?

I have a five year-old Golden Retriever, the family is looking to get a new dog. We (I) foster dogs, and my mom used to own many large breeds. We're experienced from Cattle Dogs- Great Danes- Pitt Bulls. We live on a little over an acre and have lots of…

I have a five year-old Golden Retriever, the family is looking to get a new dog. We (I) foster dogs, and my mom used to own many large breeds. We're experienced from Cattle Dogs- Great Danes- Pitt Bulls. We live on a little over an acre and have lots of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Which of these dogs would be best?...

• Which of these dogs would be best?

Which of these dogs would be best? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a five year-old Golden Retriever, the family is looking to get a new dog. We (I) foster dogs, and my mom used to own many large breeds. We're experienced from Cattle Dogs- Great Danes- Pitt Bulls. We live on a little over an acre and have lots of room to run around, the Golden (Ryker) is very high-enery outside and inside, but he is not aggressive at all. Every dog loves him, our current foster is dog-dog aggressive and loves him! So, which of these dogs would work best in our situation? I would be main owner/care taker. 1. Anatolian Shepherd.2. Border Collie.3. Bernese Mountain Dog.4. Great Dane.5. Great Pyrenees. 6. Grey Hound. 7. Cattle Dog.8. Doberman.9. German Shorthaired Pointer. 10. Australian Shepherd.Dog would be from reputable breeder, brought home and introduced to all animals (three cats, dog) as puppy. Ryker is a boy, so same-sex aggression must be considered.The only problem with keeping our current foster dog is her Dog-dog aggression. She would have to stay on a fifty foot tie-out chain in the backyard to go outside. We have had her on an electric fence before (we've had her for three months), and a dog walked by across the street and she broke out and attacked it. No serious damage. And she tries to eat our cats. Like, literally sits and chews on them.I wish we could keep her, I love her so much, but she needs to go to a home where she is the only animal, and where her dog-dog aggression can be worked on and corrected at all times, and where they have an actual fence so she can run around without being restrained.

Which of these dogs would be best? Dog Breed Discussions
    • since your foster gets along with your current golden. Why don't you just keep him if the rescue allows you? I think it'd be great if the foster could be kept by your family since he already knows everyone in it. and it's not like he would have to know a whole different family again :) But if you can't, why not just get another golden? But my new favorite breeds is the collie! SO cute!