Great Pyrenees VS Maremma Sheepdog for livestock protection?

Can someone give me the good and bad? I was doing research and these two seem to be the most popular with the livestock guarding. (Besides the Anatolian Shepherd)

Can someone give me the good and bad? I was doing research and these two seem to be the most popular with the livestock guarding. (Besides the Anatolian Shepherd)...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Great Pyrenees VS Maremma Sheepdog for livestock protection?...

• Great Pyrenees VS Maremma Sheepdog for livestock protection?

Great Pyrenees VS Maremma Sheepdog for livestock protection? Dog Breed Discussions
      Can someone give me the good and bad? I was doing research and these two seem to be the most popular with the livestock guarding. (Besides the Anatolian Shepherd)

Great Pyrenees VS Maremma Sheepdog for livestock protection? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Great Pyrenees are more used today as a companion rather then livestock protection, but still a very good pick. The Great Pyrenees is a territorial guard by nature which means that he works to keep his territory free from predatory danger. (sometimes you wont see him for long periods of time). But be warned, unlike the Maremma Sheepdog they have no tolerance for other dogs (besides the ones he works with). Because of his coat, he'll need a lot more maintenance and will possibly come with a higher price tag.Club of America: http://www.gpcaonline.org/Marena Sheepdog are a rare breed that is in great demand for sheep, goat, alpaca and llama guarding. Though since they're they're not recommended for family life, they are on the cheaper side only running about $350 and $750. They do have VERY easy coat, some working livestock guardians often go an entire lifetime without grooming or a bath. They also are a very affectionate dogs. But they will react very negatively to anything they construe as teasing (with older kids and adults)Club of America: http://www.maremmaclub.com/Honestly i think the Maremma Sheepdog would be best, don't have to worry about the coat becoming becoming matted. Plus the fact this dog is very highly used today for livestock guarding, you wont need to deal with breeders denying you because you want to work the dog, rather then keeping it as a family pet!

• Both would be about the same. Temperament wise. They are both natural good nature. The only bad thing the bigger the dog, less of a life expect from the dog. These guys are pretty laid back, laid back personality. They are actually not a popular with live stock guarding here in the U.S. as you would think. Most popular choices would be the cattle dog, and cattle dog mixes.