how to keep my anatolian ahephered from getting out?

i need help keeping my dog in he is a 2 year 180 lbs anatolian shephered. very big and strong. i have 5 acres for hime to run around in. but he keeps taking off any ideas on how to keep him in.

i need help keeping my dog in he is a 2 year 180 lbs anatolian shephered. very big and strong. i have 5 acres for hime to run around in. but he keeps taking off any ideas on how to keep him in....
    Dog Breed Discussions : how to keep my anatolian ahephered from getting out?...

• how to keep my anatolian ahephered from getting out?

how to keep my anatolian ahephered from getting out? Dog Breed Discussions
      i need help keeping my dog in he is a 2 year 180 lbs anatolian shephered. very big and strong. i have 5 acres for hime to run around in. but he keeps taking off any ideas on how to keep him in.

how to keep my anatolian ahephered from getting out? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Your dog isn't aware of the 5 acre boundary unless you have some sort of fence installed. If someone put you outdoors and didn't tell you where you can and cannot go, how are you supposed to know?If you cannot install a fence, then you will have to keep your dog leashed or supervised while he is outdoors. Dogs are not allowed to run "at large", it is illegal in most places for a dog to be in an unconfined area without a leash on.

• You need good solid fences.Not the underground kind, but a real fence.My shepherds can get over 6ft fences, so maybe go higher. Make sure there are no places where he can get underneath either.Give him things like bones or Kong's to keep him entertained in his own yard so that he'll be too busy to escape.