thinking about getting a shepherd mix but dont know its characteristics?

dont know what type of shepherd it is doesnt say on the formi know that each dog has its own personality but overall what type of characteristics do most shepherds have?also i know its a mutt and probably cant really tell how big it'll grow but does…

dont know what type of shepherd it is doesnt say on the formi know that each dog has its own personality but overall what type of characteristics do most shepherds have?also i know its a mutt and probably cant really tell how big it'll grow but does…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : thinking about getting a shepherd mix but dont know its characteristics?...

• thinking about getting a shepherd mix but dont know its characteristics?

thinking about getting a shepherd mix but dont know its characteristics? Dog Breed Discussions
      dont know what type of shepherd it is doesnt say on the formi know that each dog has its own personality but overall what type of characteristics do most shepherds have?also i know its a mutt and probably cant really tell how big it'll grow but does anyone have an educated guess as to how big a typical shepherd can get?please your help would mean alotoh its also short haired floppy ears and has lanky legs

thinking about getting a shepherd mix but dont know its characteristics? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Shepherd mix is only second to generality as Lab mix. It probably has pointy ears and a tan coat therefore 'shepherd mix'.There is absolutely no way anyone can tell you anything about the dog. I've seen 'shepherd' mixes be as small as 35 lbs and some over 100 lbs.German Shepherds average between 80-90.Australian Shepherds somewhere between 50-60.But again, you don't even really know what kind of Shepherd it is mixed with, if it even really is. The best way to guess it to see the parents.

• Any mutt is a crap shoot, you have no idea what it is mixed with and the Shepherd part might be a guess so it could be anything. There are several kinds of Shepherds too so it could be small to large and smooth to hairy with a great temperament or very nasty. Not even vets can tell breeds, our MinPin Rescue rescued a "MinPin"" pup from a vet's office. The "MinPin" grew to be an over 80lb doberman.

• Since it is a mix, there is really no way to tell the size or personality of the dog. My dog is a 45 pound Shepherd mix...she has crazy amounts of energy and is protective of me and the house. I think male Shepherds can be 80 pounds and up. Good luck!

• What kind of "shepherd" mix? German, Australian, Anatolian?There is no way of knowing what temperament traits it will have inherited from the different breeds in its make up. Nor what hereditary problems it may have. As to size, that will again depend of the other breeds involved. Beulah