Difference between big dogs and small dogs?

I am going to be getting a Yorkshire Terrier in a few months, and Im very excited! I have grown up around dogs, but really only had experience with big dogs (kelpie, german shepherd, husky, rottweiler etc) so I was wondering what are some of the main…

I am going to be getting a Yorkshire Terrier in a few months, and Im very excited! I have grown up around dogs, but really only had experience with big dogs (kelpie, german shepherd, husky, rottweiler etc) so I was wondering what are some of the main…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Difference between big dogs and small dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Difference between big dogs and small dogs?

Difference between big dogs and small dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am going to be getting a Yorkshire Terrier in a few months, and Im very excited! I have grown up around dogs, but really only had experience with big dogs (kelpie, german shepherd, husky, rottweiler etc) so I was wondering what are some of the main differences between big dogs and little dogs, and what can i expect?

Difference between big dogs and small dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Treat it like a real dog, and you will find your little dog acts just like your big dogs.Little dogs have legs and brains, and they appreciate you letting them use both.Have expectations of your little dog just like you would of a big dog, that includes proper social skills and training.Remember if a behavior would not be acceptable with a Great Dane its not acceptable in a little dog.The biggest problem with little dogs is their owners who want to coddle them and treat them like toys.

• Little dogs can have a lot more attitude (at least my little dogs do!). since they are smaller than most everyone or anything they meet, they can be more inclined to act somewhat aggressively, although this depends largely on the dog and socialization.