Does anybody have a Australian kelpie?

what are they like? how many hours of exercise do you give it?are they okay to be left alone for a couple of hours?Would you be able to tell me what your "Australian kelpie" is like, what things does it do (good and bad).thanx. Cross breed australian…

what are they like? how many hours of exercise do you give it?are they okay to be left alone for a couple of hours?Would you be able to tell me what your "Australian kelpie" is like, what things does it do (good and bad).thanx. Cross breed australian…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does anybody have a Australian kelpie?...

• Does anybody have a Australian kelpie?

Does anybody have a Australian kelpie? Dog Breed Discussions
      what are they like? how many hours of exercise do you give it?are they okay to be left alone for a couple of hours?Would you be able to tell me what your "Australian kelpie" is like, what things does it do (good and bad).thanx. Cross breed australian keplies owners are welcome, lol.

Does anybody have a Australian kelpie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The description of the Kelpie seems to be much like my rescue Australian Cattle Dog/Dalmatian (active breeds), only on Steroids and possibly speed. I work for myself and I take my dog everywhere with me. I couldn't leave her alone all day because I think she would lose her mind.If my (from what I've read very mellow compared to a Kelpie) dog needs this much mental stimulation and exercise, I know that I would not get a Kelpie unless I had a herd of something and knew how to train the dog to move the herd.

• Living in australia, i know abit about kelpies even though I don't own them.what are they like? Intelligent, can be stubburn and willful, highly energetichow many hours of exercise do you give it? at least 4hours=2hours walk jogs in the morning 2hours in the evening. There tireless breed.are they okay to be left alone for a couple of hours? YepCoatThe Australian Kelpie is a double coat breed. The outer coat is straight, hard, and weather-resistant. The under coat is dense and short. This breed is an average shedder.OverviewDeveloped in Australia in 1870, the Australian Kelpie is an outstanding breed noted for their strong natural guarding and herding instincts. They are capable of working poultry, goats, sheep, cattle, and reindeer. They are the most popular breed in their native Australia and are revered in several other countries as well.CharacterThis breed possesses keen senses and an alert expression. Australian Kelpie's are extremely agile and have an inexhaustible supply of energy. The Australian Kelpie is considered to be the best performing medium-sized sheepdog. Despite their size and their compact and muscular body, they are versatile, capable, and without limitation.TemperamentThe Australian Kelpie is a loyal companion. They are mild mannered at home and intense when at work. This breed is rarely affectionate and typically bonds to one person. They are highly devoted and friendly to their master.. The Australian Kelpie is not aggressive but will guard and protect his family and territory regardless of any risk to themselves. They are NOT the best for young children due to there hearding instint, they tend to bite the heels of the kids. However in the right environemnt, will do well with older considerate childrenCareThe Australian Kelpie breed requires occasional brushing. Bathing should only be done when absolutely necessary to prevent damage to the coat and skin. Dental hygiene is essential. This breed is prone to Progressive Retinal Atrophy.TrainingThe Australian Kelpie is independent and highly intelligent. Early socialization is recommended. They do not respond to harsh or heavy-handed methods. Training should be done with firmness, fairness, and consistency.ActivityAustralian Kelpie's are not suited to apartment or city dwelling. They require a rural setting in an active environment. The Australian Kelpie thrives on an inordinate amount of exercise and a job to do. If they become bored they become destructive.OwnershipIf you are looking for Australian Kelpie puppies for sale from reputable Australian Kelpie breeders or to adopt an Australian Kelpie from an Australian Kelpie rescue then make sure you understand as much about the dog breeds you are interested in as you can.Kelpie mix won't really able to tell you how they act, as mixed breed inherit different genes. However say its Lab x Kelpie in most cases the dog will be very very very active just like a kelpie, in maybe 1% of cases, the dog may act like a labrador . If you want a mutt, look no further then your local animal shelter.Cons; Everywhere in australia, hard to find in americahttp://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/australian-kelpie.asp