Can you breed a lethal white australian shepherd?

I'm just curious, because there's nothing on the Internet about breeding one. I'm not actually going to breed.I have a lethal white australian shepherd. Two blue eyes, one white black pigment and a black and grey circle around his eye, the other eye has…

I'm just curious, because there's nothing on the Internet about breeding one. I'm not actually going to breed.I have a lethal white australian shepherd. Two blue eyes, one white black pigment and a black and grey circle around his eye, the other eye has…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can you breed a lethal white australian shepherd?...

• Can you breed a lethal white australian shepherd?

Can you breed a lethal white australian shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm just curious, because there's nothing on the Internet about breeding one. I'm not actually going to breed.I have a lethal white australian shepherd. Two blue eyes, one white black pigment and a black and grey circle around his eye, the other eye has pink pigment. He has two black spots on both of his ears. He has black spots all over his back. He has all of his hearing and all of his sight. He is completely healthy and sound. If I were to breed him to a tri / solid Aussie, would I end up with some lethal whites?Again, I'm only curious and am not planning on breeding him.

Can you breed a lethal white australian shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • "Lethal white" is a genetic term which does not properly apply to Australian Shepherds. Your dog is likely a double merle. http://www.lethalwhites.com/lethalwhite.htmlIf you bred your dog to a dog which does not carry the merle gene, the puppies produced would be normal. On occasion, a dog will appear to be a tri or whatever, but if it has even a few hairs of unnoticable merling it does carry the merle gene (this is a cryptic merle)... if you accidentally bred to a cryptic merle, than you could produce blind and/or deaf puppies.

• Above answer is correct, however even breeding to a Aussie that doesn't look like a lethal white can have that in the background so a quality breeder of Aussies, Shelties, etc., that carry this gene do not ever breed this dog to anything and spay and neuter before selling the puppy.