What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them?

i just got a German Shepherd thanks to the advice of the yahoo answers community thanks! :)So now i was wondering what kind of commands you can teach him and how to teach him those commands. Thanks! 10 points to best answer

What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them?

i just got a German Shepherd thanks to the advice of the yahoo answers community thanks! :)So now i was wondering what kind of commands you can teach him and how to teach him those commands. Thanks! 10 points to best answer...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them?...

• What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them?

What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them? Dog Breed Discussions
      i just got a German Shepherd thanks to the advice of the yahoo answers community thanks! :)So now i was wondering what kind of commands you can teach him and how to teach him those commands. Thanks! 10 points to best answer

What kind of commands can you teach a German Shepherd and how do you teach him them? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You should be able to teach him just about any commands. Shepherds are smart dogs and learn quickly. Go tomorrow to the library and check out a dog training book. You can go through it and see what sorts of things they recommend for training and just apply those suggestions. Or you could go to a PetSmart or PetCo and buy a book for training. The biggest thing in training is patience. There's a lot of repetition and praising. You'll get tired or bored, but you just have to keep it up. Your dog will be so much better off for learning the basics. And it's a great way to bond with a new pet. Congratulations on your new best friend! Have fun with him this summer and give him a big tummy rub from me! :D