Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection?

I saw a few other posts about czech shepherds and rottweilers. It piqued my interest, what are the downsides/upsides to owning/training a czech shepherd vs working line rott for family protection and still have a good all around pet.I grew up with wolf…

Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection?

I saw a few other posts about czech shepherds and rottweilers. It piqued my interest, what are the downsides/upsides to owning/training a czech shepherd vs working line rott for family protection and still have a good all around pet.I grew up with wolf…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection?

Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection? Dog Breed Discussions
      I saw a few other posts about czech shepherds and rottweilers. It piqued my interest, what are the downsides/upsides to owning/training a czech shepherd vs working line rott for family protection and still have a good all around pet.I grew up with wolf hybrids and pit bulls. But am interested in what people have to say about the above breeds.

Anyone have legitimate information to comparing a working line rottweiler vs a czech shepherd for protection? Dog Breed Discussions
    • a czech shepherd isn't a breed, its just a GSD. A working line rottweiler depends on the dogs being bred and which they were bred from. Which breed do you prefer to live with? What are your priorities with your dog? True PP work? If so, do you realistically believe you will be able to handle such a dog? Good PP dogs are stable and make wonderful pets too for the RIGHT OWNERS. But in the wrong hands they are a loaded weapon.So if you truely want and NEED a PP dog then get a gun too because if they are shot or stabbed then you have no second line of defense. If not, then consider what you really want in a dog. Energy level, prey/play drive, shedding/grooming, etc. Both these breeds, in a heavy working line, are pretty serious and A LOT of dog. Way too much for your average dog owner.

• well.. are you thinking of importing an adult or getting a pup? both would be excellent imports (if both come from working lines of course) also make sure health testing is done etc. you still have to train the dog though. if you get one from a working line, it will not be a good stay at home pet. they are high energy dogs, nothing like US lines. they will need to be worked or you will have a monster on your hands!in our schutzhund clubs, we have both imported german / chezh rotties and GSDs working and all are great. if imported as adults though, chezh imports might need some retraining in german if the club you plan on training in has primarily german speaking handlers.