what is the proper way to groom a german shepherd?

i have a full sized male german shepherd and to save some money i just wanted to know if there were any tips on how to groom him other then a basic bath and stuff wat are some good tools and tips?

i have a full sized male german shepherd and to save some money i just wanted to know if there were any tips on how to groom him other then a basic bath and stuff wat are some good tools and tips?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is the proper way to groom a german shepherd?...

• what is the proper way to groom a german shepherd?

what is the proper way to groom a german shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have a full sized male german shepherd and to save some money i just wanted to know if there were any tips on how to groom him other then a basic bath and stuff wat are some good tools and tips?

what is the proper way to groom a german shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I brushed my German Shepherd every day, cause they can shed a lot! Most days I used a regular wire dog brush, and then a soft bristle brush to smooth the coat. When she would shed a lot in the Spring, I used a tool called the Furminator. You have to use it gently, but if will flat take the thick, loose hair off. It's not to be used everyday because it has a blade in it, and you don't want to thin the coat too much. You can buy a knock-off copy at Wal-mart, and they cost about 10 bucks.

• A German Shepherd does not require much grooming at all. Two, maybe three, baths a year would be needed. German Shepherds do shed a lot so brushings would help. The Furminator is a wonderful tool and works very well in cutting the shedding down to a minimum as long as it is used frequently. It does not cut the hair, but it removes the loose hair.