What breedline of a German Shepherd is right for me?

I am looking for a German Shepherd. I am hoping for an American Shepherd look. But I also want a Shepherd willing to work, but not way too energetic. I heard the from the American breeders that German bloodline is aggresive and unsound. I also heard…

I am looking for a German Shepherd. I am hoping for an American Shepherd look. But I also want a Shepherd willing to work, but not way too energetic. I heard the from the American breeders that German bloodline is aggresive and unsound. I also heard…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What breedline of a German Shepherd is right for me?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What breedline of a German Shepherd is right for me?

What breedline of a German Shepherd is right for me? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking for a German Shepherd. I am hoping for an American Shepherd look. But I also want a Shepherd willing to work, but not way too energetic. I heard the from the American breeders that German bloodline is aggresive and unsound. I also heard from the German breeders that American bloodline is stupid and cowardly. I also heard that mixing bothe bloodline is good. Does anyone know much about this? Oh also any other information about German shepherds is welcomed. I am doing a research report on them. And does anyone know of good german shepherds breeders, preferably in Indiana.

What breedline of a German Shepherd is right for me? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You should get one from the shelter. Just because they're shelter dogs doesn't make the fancy bred ones better! We've adopted both of ours from www.petfinder.com they have thousands of homeless animals Shepherds included. The 2 we got from the shelter turned out to be some of the best dogs we've ever owned. So cool that your getting a Shepherd!! As for some info...http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/germanshepherd.htm :) Good luck!