How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd?

My Friend gave me a puppy. He said it is german shepherd. But i dont know. how do i know whether she (puppy) will have a furry coat or not. whether she is going to have a furry tail or not. And it is german shepherd not Doberman because it has same color…

How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd?

My Friend gave me a puppy. He said it is german shepherd. But i dont know. how do i know whether she (puppy) will have a furry coat or not. whether she is going to have a furry tail or not. And it is german shepherd not Doberman because it has same color…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd?...

• How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd?

How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      My Friend gave me a puppy. He said it is german shepherd. But i dont know. how do i know whether she (puppy) will have a furry coat or not. whether she is going to have a furry tail or not. And it is german shepherd not Doberman because it has same color as Doberman have.Because he know nothing about dogs. And was not sure. He asked me what breed is it. I said i dont know. He said maybe German Shepherd.I dont know. I will go to the vet

How do i am going to know. Whether my little puppy is Doberman or German shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Why would you think your friend is lying to you? Not very nice to think that.Ok, well you didn't say that in your original question. :) My family has had german shepherd puppies and they were big fluffballs, so if the dog is not furry then it probably isn't a german shepherd. You could always take it to a pet store and/or vet and ask them.

• Coloring alone won't determine which breed dog you have acquired. Only time will tell (unless the dog has papers).Shepherds can be black and tan. My friend has one that has similar markings to a Dobe.Give it some time, maybe it's a combination of both. What a cool dog that would be!

• Have you had the pup to the vet yet? I'm sure they can tell you. It's possible it's a mix, then you won't know what characteristics it's going to have until it's grown. If it came from a shelter or was a stray it could be that nobody knows for sure.I would look up some images on the web of GSD puppies and Dobe puppies and decide which one it looks most like.

• The Doberman coloration is an approved coloring for the German Shepherd breed, as well. Here are many pages of German Shepherd puppy pictures> http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-18,GGGL:en&q=german%20shepherd%20puppy&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wiand this is what Dobe puppies look like> http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2006-18%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=doberman+puppy&btnG=Search

• Most dog breeds are distinctive (meaning you can tell what type they are at a glance) If you are unable to do this I would guess it is probably a mix. Some of the small breeds look alike but Dobes and shepherds are very different.

• You should be able to tell by looking at the dog. The two dogs are completely different. If you need to take the dog to a vet, and let them tell you. While you are there why don't you find out if it is male or female. LOL

• Hope this helps. Doberman puppy: short hair, sleek body,floppy ears (unless trimmed), thin snout and weighs less than a German Shepard puppy. German Shepard: fluffy fur, pudgy body, floppy ears that will eventually stand erect on their own, moderately broad snout and heavy without being fat.