Any dogs like the German Shepherd but are more accepted in apartments?

I am looking for a dog that has the german shepherd's temperament, personality and ability to guard but are allowed in apartments. Also they can't weight more than 120 lbs, thats the limit at my apartment. Exercise will NOT be an issue. I will be able to…

I am looking for a dog that has the german shepherd's temperament, personality and ability to guard but are allowed in apartments. Also they can't weight more than 120 lbs, thats the limit at my apartment. Exercise will NOT be an issue. I will be able to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Any dogs like the German Shepherd but are more accepted in apartments?...

• Any dogs like the German Shepherd but are more accepted in apartments?

Any dogs like the German Shepherd but are more accepted in apartments? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking for a dog that has the german shepherd's temperament, personality and ability to guard but are allowed in apartments. Also they can't weight more than 120 lbs, thats the limit at my apartment. Exercise will NOT be an issue. I will be able to provide 8+ miles of running around a day. The dog would come with me to work so it would be outside with me for 10 hours a day where it has free roam of a 5 acre fenced area.

Any dogs like the German Shepherd but are more accepted in apartments? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Get a Doberman or Rottwieler Shiba InuDoberman:http://www.wellbredpets.com/images%5Cbreedpics%5Clgmain-DobermanPincher.jpgRottwieler: http://cdn.pedigreedatabase.com/dogbreeds/rottweiler.jpgShiba Inu:http://images.akc.org/breeds/action_images/shiba_inu.jpg

• Many Co-Ops & Apartments have "weight limits" on Dogs these Days... So make SURE that something the Size of a German Shepard- would be allowed in Yours.

• That's a tough one.. The Rottweiler and Doberman have similar temperaments to the German Shepherd however NEITHER at suited to apartment living. For apartments stick to the smaller breeds or a lazy large breed such as the greyhound, after all smaller dogs always seem to be more "Vocal" than the larger breeds. Perhaps a mini Pincher? (I most definetly spelt that wrong I'm sure of it). They are a small breed howver resemble the Doberman and adapt well to apartment living.

• I don't live in an apartment so im not positive about these dogs but here's a nice list:DobermanRottweilerAmerican Pitbull TerrierAkita (great gaurd dogs)Alaskan Malamute (can be hard to control and very dominant if not trained strict at an early age)Giant SchnauzerBlack Russian TerrierBouvier Des FlandresBelgian ShepherdAnatolian Shepherd

• IF you are serious about excersise I would look into a Belgian or Dutch shepherd - similar in a lot of ways but much higher drive - only consider if you have a lot of time to devote to exercise and training.Or an Australian Cattle Dog - much smaller but very nice dog. Serious personality.