What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd?

I have grown up with german shepherds, I love big dogs. I wish I could get a husky or a german shepherd but their size doesn't fit my lifestyle. Can anyone recommend a smaller dog that has a similar personality? Under 25 pounds. Thanks!

What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd?

I have grown up with german shepherds, I love big dogs. I wish I could get a husky or a german shepherd but their size doesn't fit my lifestyle. Can anyone recommend a smaller dog that has a similar personality? Under 25 pounds. Thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd?...

• What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd?

What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have grown up with german shepherds, I love big dogs. I wish I could get a husky or a german shepherd but their size doesn't fit my lifestyle. Can anyone recommend a smaller dog that has a similar personality? Under 25 pounds. Thanks!

What would be the best dog for me, under 25 lbs but similar to a german shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • American Eskimo dogs. They are beyond cute, they are loyal and compassionate, and they make excellent guard dogs. They are bred in many sizes: standard, mini, and toy. Unfortunately, they aren't particularly common. If you find one of right size and personality, I would definitely say to go get it. Good luck with finding a dog you love!

• the best I could think of would be one of the smaller herding breeds.. Corgi or a Swedish Vallhund. That's probably the closest you will get to a shepherd temperment, it a smaller package.

• Personally I don't think the breed matters. I happen to work with Colorado Saint Bernard Rescue so that is the breed I currently have in my house. But if you like Australian Shepherds, talk to rescue groups and find out more about dogs and see if their traits are right for your lifestyle. Did you know 2-4 million pets are euthanized (killed) in the US every year? Between rescue groups, shelters, and time you can find the perfect dog. It may not even be the mix with a german shepard that is smaller you think you like once you spend the time to meet some dogs.Rescue groups have events all the Time where you can meet their fosters just waiting for a good home. Get in touch with some of them.You can just contact a local organization for any breed you decide you want. Good luck.