What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd?

I am looking to buy a Furminator but I am not sure exactly which size is good for my german shepherd. She is about seventy three pounds so she is a fairly big dog. I am not quite familiar with this new grooming kit for dogs. Any help counts. Thanks!

What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd?

I am looking to buy a Furminator but I am not sure exactly which size is good for my german shepherd. She is about seventy three pounds so she is a fairly big dog. I am not quite familiar with this new grooming kit for dogs. Any help counts. Thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd?...

• What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd?

What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking to buy a Furminator but I am not sure exactly which size is good for my german shepherd. She is about seventy three pounds so she is a fairly big dog. I am not quite familiar with this new grooming kit for dogs. Any help counts. Thanks!

What is the best size furminator deshedding tool I should buy for my German shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have one for my german shepherd mix (she is 65 lbs and has a ton of undercoat!). We got the one that's about 2" across the teeth. The teeth look very fine and you'd think it's not going to do any good but MAN does it pull loose hair out! She's so silky smooth after we give her a good brushing and pull out the fluffy extra underneath! And she looks like she's about 10 lbs lighter!I always use the regular brush first, to make sure there are no mats or furballs behind her ears. And it says you should use it only on a dry coat.This really works great on any size pet. We used it on our two cats and my beagle mix (never even knew he did any shedding!) and they love it. My shepherd is a bit wiley and like to go nuts when she's brushed, but when she does hold still we can get like 10 "puppies worth" (wads of hair the size of a puppy) of hair off her in one sitting! Then we have to let her run around to get all the anxiety out, then back to the brushing.But I really like it. And the new Pedipaws nail grinder as well. She's more patient with that than with the furminator!