Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem?

I want to get 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and a yorkshire. I want to get them as puppies but i'm concerned about whether they'd fight when they got older or what. I want to know which dog should be which gender and what I can do to keep the…

Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem?

I want to get 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and a yorkshire. I want to get them as puppies but i'm concerned about whether they'd fight when they got older or what. I want to know which dog should be which gender and what I can do to keep the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem?...

• Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem?

Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want to get 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and a yorkshire. I want to get them as puppies but i'm concerned about whether they'd fight when they got older or what. I want to know which dog should be which gender and what I can do to keep the dogs from fighting, especially keeping the bigger ones from attacking the yorkshire.

Is 1 golden retriever, 1 german shepherd and 1 yorkshire dog going to be a problem? Dog Breed Discussions
    • the bigger ones usually do not attack the smaller ones, it is usually the other way around. it doesn't matter what gender as long as they are spayed/neutered. I have 2 dobermans, 1 cat, and a shi tzu. Both the cat and shi tzu push the dobies around. Don't worry about the breeds, just raise them right!

• It would be a very bad move to get these dogs all at the same time.After you have obedience trained one dog, then get another if you wish. I'll bet when you find out how much work and cost there is in properly training and caring for a puppy you'll soon change your mind about bringing another pup in too soon. I hope you have enough money to pay for vet care. There are too many posts on this forum from people who have sick dogs and can't afford to take them to the vet.

• Despite being the epitome of cuteness, puppies are a big commitment. Turning these jumping, chewing, nipping, yipping, piddling, pooping little creatures into well-behaved dogs takes a good deal of time and effort. Get one at a time. With proper training and socialization you could easily add another one....Here are some articles to to help you learn more about this wonderful breeds you like...http://dogtime.com/german-shepherd-dog.htmlhttp://dogtime.com/golden-retriever.htmlhttp://dogtime.com/yorkshire-terrier.html

• firstly i would start with one dog, prob one of the bigger ones get it trained and toilet trained then get the next and so on.gender dosent really matter because if they all grow up together they shouldnt fight but i may be wise to get the little one spayed to stop the bigger ones trying to hump it. two male dogs will live happily side byside but female ones dont normally bond too well unless they sisters. just make sure you get them trained and gradually intoduce new dogs to the pack but dont rush them as they may get jealos especially if you spend more time with one than the other spread your time evenly between them.good luck

• if you do get all males or just two males they should be fix around 6 to 8 months.. this will help to prevent some wick dog fights. you need to also remember that the yorkie could end up at the bad end of play. They often get broken legs .feet ETC. because they are so little even of the others are pups too. the others are large breed pup and put weigh by 5 plus pounds..But, no matter what out of all them only 1 can be the Alpha dog. (top dog).. Your going to have quit the mix.. just be a good owner and realize puppies should not be left more than 5 to 6 hrs. at a time.. If loose in your house that's a lot of potty to clean up.... hope all goes well. A dog Lover Too.. t.pemelton Vet tech..

• I can't tell if this is what you are considering or not, but do NOT get three puppies at the same time! Two would overwhelm the vast majority of people, even those great with dogs. You should get one pup first, and wait until it's at least six months old before introducing another, though waiting until a year old would be better.I think the best situation would be for the German Shepherd to be male, the other two female based on the nature of the breeds. Just make sure all are spay/neutered as soon as possible or you will have issues with fighting.Also, based on breed nature and to avoid the big ones harming the little one, the Yorkshire should be the last addition so it is introduced to a dog at least a year old and a dog at least six months old, reducing risk of fights and the little one being trampled.Have you researched the breeds carefully? As puppies both Goldens and Shepherds will reek havoc on your house. German Shepherds especially are very good dogs(my personal favorite), but they need a strong leader and lots and lots of exercise and training - failure to exercise an hour DAILY or more as needed as well as not providing mental stimulation, especially as a puppy, will result likely result in a badly behaved, destructive dog.Make sure you know what you'd be getting yourself into and are looking towards the future to be sure you can always manage and careful these dogs properly so they don't end up euthanized or in a shelter somewhere, or you don't have to rehome them somewhere down the road.

• If they are brought up together they should not be a problem fighting wise. However, to have three puppies at the same time is not generally a good idea. Puppies require constant care and attention, rather like a small child. Without the attention they need, the chances are, they may fight, solely out of boredom. I introduced my dogs to one another gradually, and now, with gaps in between their ages it is easier to introduce new dogs. It is also easier if one of them dies from old age. If three pups are the same age, they tend to, though it depends on the breed, die at around the same time.

• If they are raised as puppies and all taught obedience you shouldn't have a problem. But the size difference may be a problem later. Its not that the bigger dogs would fight the yorkie - its more of an "accident" as they would be playing and not know their size difference. Golden and Shepherds are very active dogs when playing as pups. Personally I would not mix a very small dog with a large dog - you are talking about 6 lbs vs 80/90 lbs when grown.

• Do you realize how much work has to go into raising a puppy correctly?Not only the feeding but the house training,obedience classes and daily walks.Buy one at a time and see how you go .Once you have raised one perfectly then go for another dog.It matters not which order you get the dogs as the small yorkie can hold himself against any dog.Remember all these breeds shed so you will have hairs all over the place and finally who is going to look after the dogs when you are at school or College?Males tend to fight more than females but if you have them de-sexed that is not an issue.If mix the gender and do not de-sex you will have a living nightmare on your hands

• If you get them while they are all puppies they will all get along great. Make sure u get them all at the same time too. also the bigger dogs wont even touch the smaller one. they actually become great friends.